• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

as of yesterday it is still mostly frozen with just the edges open. all the large lakes in that area are still frozen over, but the smaller shallower ones are mostly open or will be in the next couple of days. i would beleive that waubay would be open by then put if it is it would have been for only a few days and fishing could be tough. but who no's. hope that helps

heard up to 20-24 inches on big lakes yet. Was a good 38 the last time I ice fished. Hard to tell, with warm air and wind things can open up quickly. I have a feeling it will be iceberg city by the 24th???

Thanks, we are heading out there tomorrow to fish for a couple of days. By the way it sounds, it could freeze back up on Friday with this cold front coming in. Colder there than Minneapolis.

Good Luck Pegleg. Please post a report. I'm more interested in the depth you saw fish at. It sounds gross, but if you stay out long enough, you can hit the Bullhead Fry in Eden. They have it every Friday night. I have "heard" it is pretty good. I'm not from Iowa so I wouldn't eat it my self.

I will post on Monday when we get back. Just pulled out the map to find out where Eden is and that isn't far from Grenville where we are staying. Might have to give that a shot on Friday night - bullheads and beer - doesn't get any better than that - hopefully they have pickled eggs also. I have a feeling we will be bobber fishing in 3 feet of water but I could be wrong.

Walleye71, not much to report besides we should have brought snowmobiles rather than boats. Friday morning it started snowing hard and after it quit they had about 9" on the ground and drifts. Saturday morning we had somebody plow out the landing so we could put the boat in the water. Fished Waubay and Pickerel with one bass and 1 perch to show for the efforts... I think I will wait for Minnesota opener now.

That is tough about the weather. I was in Deadwood, SD for some drinking and goodtimes. Had a blast. The steak at the Gem Saloon is excellent. It snowed like a son of a gun on Saturday out west too.

I'm heading out to Webster Friday through Monday coming up. I see it is suppose to get cold over the weekend again. We'll see what happens.

Al Gore is so wrong this year.....