• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

May Rod Building Class

Yes rodmaker, I'm working on my third rod and am planning my fourth. I would say thats it for the summer but I know its not.

I'm working on a 6'6" spinning rod for bass fishing for a family friend that is graduating from High school next month in Nebraska. He loves to fish and I figured he would treasure a custom rod more than a hundred bucks. With the cash, its gone in no time and the rod he can use for a lifetime.

When does it stop??

It doesn't, I have an ultra lite in the work shop and I just ordered two more blanks!!

I just finished a sweet little ultra lite for my wife with a birch bark handle(I will post pics once the sun comes out and I can get a good pic or 2).

harvey lee,

That's what we like to hear, working on #4. We'll keep the component bins stocked for you. Now if I get caught up on our orders and get a couple built for myself, what do you say to us going out and "field testing" these rods. I will be more than willing to show you a couple of technique specific blanks that you will probably not want to live without.

Al

Midwest Rod & Reel

Harvey I would like to go to those classes, but being in cheesland I would have to drive over four times. Do you know if they have a any coming up where they teach in one or two days?

Or anywhere else a rookie can go to learn to get started.

Thanks