• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with picking a peep less sight.

Has anyone used a scope type on their bow? I have been trying to find the perfect sight for my bow and have not had any luck. The problem is that I don’t like using a peep sight. I have tried several peep sight options and have not found one that I like. I would like to find a sight that maybe has just a single red dot with no peep. I would like to have the ability to keep both eyes open while shooting. I have used the peep bubble, rifle type peep, enlarged peep, small peep and have come to conclusion that I don’t like any of them. I have been thinking of maybe trying to shoot instinctively without any sights but don’t think I have the time to practice as much as I need to become proficient with this method.

Before I shell out another $100 on another peep less sight does anyone have any suggestions? There are a lot of options out there ranging from a hind sight peep set up to a peep less red dot sight with a reticule for aiding in alignment. Thanks for your help.

I would suggest you look up a product called a Timberline No Peep... I wouldnot suggest a scope. Most scopes work with a peep to be able to see. Without a peep the image is quite blury.

You can use any type normal pin type sight with the "NoPeep" but you need something to make sure that you have a proper and reproduceable anchor point. The 'No Peep" forces you to do that.

I myself for target like a fairly small peep, but for hunting I use a very large one to let in the mose light. I recently switched to a peep called a "String Splitter". I have yet to hunt with it yet, but i am very pleased with it so far.

I have tried this peep and did not like the set up. It felt like I was trying to line up the circle in the sight and putting pin on the target was to many things to focus on prior to taking the shot. I have found that the larger string mounted peep sights allow the shooter (me) to vary my anchor point slightly when shooting in difficult positions causing arrows to not hit exactly were intended.

Check out Hind Sights (google it). They're pretty sweet. I asked about them on this thread before and couldn't believe know one has heard of them. I'm planning on going this route at some point. I know a guy that swears by them, and I shot his bow once and loved it. It's as close to having ascope on a bow as you can get.

A "Hind Sight" is another option... However, from the sounds of it, you will not like that either. There really is no "cure" other than to have a rock solid anchor point, even with the use of a peep. I have known people who dont use a peep or any type, but do use sights... but they put in a ton of time, and had a very solid ancor point that they could duplicate.

I too have trouble with using a peep sight, I am currently using the Hind Sight setup and I really like it. My only complaint on the system I got was that I wanted a tighter tolerance between the sight pin and the rear sighting mechanism. In other words there was a lot of floating room. Last season I got a new rear sight (from Hind Sight) that has a smaller area for the front pin to line up in and I now have the best accuracy I have ever had. Previously I would try to keep my shots to 15-20 yards, now I can shoot comfortably to 40. I can't say as you will like this system but if you can shoot someone's setup and see if you like it. I have a 29" draw and I am in burnsville if you want to give it a try... Do check out their HSOforum.

I have a box of bow sights from the Holo sight (that one was expensive but I didn't like the the illuminated red dot) to various others... cry.gif

Good Luck!

That is the same problem I have been having,having to much float with any set up I use. I have been thinking about drilling a hole in a piece of 1/4 square stock and mounting it about 8"-10" back from the sight and painting the hole with some kind of glow paint. I think I am going to have to make something that will be custom to my shooting. I bought a rifle type peep that has a V in it and mounts back from the sight. It works fair but there is still some room for error. Maybe my expectations are to great for my bow. I would like to get rifle scope accuracy out of my bow but maybe that is not possible. I wonder what set up the pro shooters use?

What kind of accuracy are you looking for?.. I shoot quite a bit.. and can consistantly hit a 50cent piece at 20 yards with my target bow.. my hunting bow is not as accurate, but still pretty good. But my target bows have 4 and 7 power scopes, 3 foot stabilzers, very small peeps ect.. all for accuracy.. my hunting bow, I can keep her in a 4" bullzeye at 20..

I've never used one, but I've got friend that swears by his kisser button. He just puts the kisser button on the corner of his lip to ensure a consistent anchor point. He doesn't use a peep and gets decent accuracy. Plus, they only cost a couple bucks if you want to give one a try.