• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

propane powered ice auger

grab da net

Give Hank Hill a call at Strickland Propane, LOL.

When I was in high school, one of my friends had all their cars and trucks running on propane. I never did see them convert anything smaller than an AMC Hornet, however.

I'm not sure the propane option would be all that practical, but it might make for a nice feature. Someone needs to call up Coleman...maybe they'll get into the auger business.

Other things that might be nice if converted to propane...

A Microwave for up at the shack, maybe computers, tv's and other electronic items. Although I'm guessing there would be lawsuits when people started to die in their homes from watching propane-powered TV, and kids playing propane video games while on camping trips.

As Surface Tension mentioned a two cycle needs oil in the fuel mixture so the use of a 4 stroke is a little impracticle due to the size and weight aspect. A 4 stroke sure would get rid of the smoke inside your shack problem though wouldn't it. Good question.

It can be done. Buddies of mine are riding sleds powered by propane. Otherwise stock Rotax powered Polaris chassis. Seems there is a bit of interest to have an alternative fuel class at the Jackson Hole World Championship Hillclimb soon. I rode 'em and they are down on power but there soon will be fixes for those too. Generators for RVs are run mostly on propane so 2 or 4 stroke somebody will make an engine run on propane small enough to spin an auger.

Kevin