• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Mojo Howie topwater?

Fordo

A simple search on Muskie Mojo will take you there........Luke's contact info is listed.

Very nice bait, I was lucky enough to work with a proto-type last year. Looking forward to good things to happen with the Howie......

Need some advice, I throw gaint jackpots alot and get alot of follows with some strikes but not many hookups. What I'm doing wrong. In 12yrs of fishing jackpots I've hooked and landed 2 muskies both 50inchers. Any answers.

I don't have as many years with the jackpots as you but my hookup % is pretty high - if I was a bettin' man I'd say I've hooked 70% of the fish that have hit - I've also lost a few boatside but that was do to lack of experience and not the lure. I missed my first few becuase as soon as I saw the water explode I hauled back with a big hookset p I'm pretty sure I helped the fish throw the lure - comibine a bit of slack from a walk the dog lure and poor timing on the hookset and it may not work out right. I pretty much resorted to the same method that has worked for bass in pads on scum frogs. I started fishing mush slower and also wait to set the hook till I feel the fish. Sounds crazy, but I'm convinced that often times when we see them coming up they may not be right on the bait. I do have some concern about hooking some really deep, but so far all of them have been hooked decent and swam away - I've had more trouble with fish hooked deep on reef wawgs.

The jackpot is also lighter than most other walk the dog lures sitting higher on top the surface,therefore making it tougher to hookup on. Try using a weagle or viper as they are much heavier wtd's and see if your hooking percentage increases.

Originally Posted By: theiceman
What I'm doing wrong. In 12yrs of fishing jackpots I've hooked and landed 2 muskies both 50inchers.

Sounds like you're doing something right. I know lots of guys that would take ONE 50"er, let alone two!

Aaron