• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Great Horned Owl Update!

Ok...

Here's the shots from this morning...around 11 am..it was cloudy and gloomy. I should have waited till now, because it's sunny right now! Would have made the colors come out. Oh well...here they are...by the way all pics are 90% cropped....

april9owl.jpg

april9owl2.jpg

april9owl3.jpg

april9owl4.jpg

april9owl5.jpg

april9owl6.jpg

Another Update! \:\)

Went out there today to the Owlet's nest. Today was a good day to take the pics of the owlet. SUNNY!! \:\)

She's really fattening up nicely! Shouldn't be too long for her to start "branching" walking around on the branches! She's really soaking up the sun's rays!

All are 100% crop.

Here they are..

april211.jpg

april21owl2.jpg

april21owl3.jpg

april21owl4.jpg

april21owl5.jpg

We're working on a small video clip of it. I'll post shortly with a you tube link!

Hope you enjoy the pics!

Another update..

The owlet is really getting bigger. She's really sleepy. Didn't even bother getting up to do anything. She's more alert that we're around and tries to hide from us by ducking into the nest.

First one is about 80% crop and the rest are 100% crop.

sitting4.jpg

sitting3.jpg

sitting2.jpg

sitting.jpg

Another Update! grin.gif

These pictures were taken this morning...

Not much action..still sittin' in the sun soakin' up the rays! However, I heard that she's already branched, meaning that she's branch hopping. Problem is that I can only have so much time to be out there during my breaks from work. Will try to catch it branching soon..I hope!

Here they are..

Saying "Good morning" to me!

horned1.jpg

Panting in the morning sun and sleepy..

horned2.jpg

Lookin' around..seeing all kinds of birds flying around...

horned3.jpg

Looking at a eagle flying in front of it...

horned4.jpg

Stooped really low as the eagle flies by..I saw the eagle flying by..didn't even notice the owl nest below it! Wow..She's really cautious of what is around her!

horned5.jpg

That's about it..didn't get much action from her..oh well. She's doing great!

Hope you enjoyed it! \:\)

Very nice pictures, she is sure growing fast, by the way how do we know she is a she??? and no don't start calling her an it.

Thanks

DMN