• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishouse floor

fishing addict

Well,,, I have a comerical grade of short loop carpet. I never had any problems keeping it clean. I have an old carpet sweeper to pick up what's tracked in and the two throw rugs just get shaken every once and a while. My fishhouse came with the carpet and I've had my house for over 7 years, eight season starts NOW... The floor is a lot warmer with the carpet. Another house we have has just plywood floors, and I prefer the carpet. I'd suggest you go with the threads!!! Kaz

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 12-03-2003).]

I just finished a floor that I used Armor Coat (ie: Tremclad, PlastiKote) paint on and used an additive in the paint that was like fine sand to provide a non-slip surface. I painted the whole floor black, hoping that it would soak up the suns rays and maybe not be as prone to freezing to the ice.

I'm just waiting for ice (theres a little on my pool smile.gif) so I can test her out.

I've used some of that "astroturf" indoor/outdoor carpet stuff... gives good grip when your boots are full of snow and stuff from going out to a tip-up, easy to clean, wears like iron, and isn't too expensive, either.

Just had a crazy thought. Everyones heard of rhino linings right? you've seen that do it yuor selfer kit? I wonder how effective that would be...... It would clean up well and provide enough traction.