• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Selecting arrows?

Lookin for the most speed from my bow but stil have a quiet, straight shooting arrow and bow. 65# draw weight, 27" draw length. would like to stay around 8 gr. per inch (arrow). And stay around 350 gr. hunting arrow. Was debating between the gold tip xt hunter, and the carbon express, maxima 250. Any tips or suggestions?

The only way you are going to gain more speed is to drop your arrow weight, When you drop arrow weight, you do gain more noise and vibration. I do shoot a fairly light arrow less than 8 gr per lb... I shoot the Maxima, they are a little pricy, but have been a very good arrow.

ive shot gold tip for 2 years now and have had no problem yet, and they arent real pricy they aint the top of the line arrow but i wouldnt trade them for nothin. they work for what i do(deer hunt)

I also shoot Carbon Express Maxima arrows, i like them, one of the best arrows out there but they arent cheap. I paid 70 for half dozen. As Deitz said the only way to shoot faster is lighter arrows.

Another thing to consider is the stiffness of the arrow shaft, it may be lighter, but if you go with a less stiff shaft, the longer it takes the arrow to straighten up during the flight.