• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some Mergansers

Hey guys..

Shot these mergansers and other ducks from yesterday during my lunch break on a pond a couple miles from Henderson. They're not nearly as good as Mike's (buzzsaw) pics.

Some are cropped, some full frame. All taken with canon 40D, 100-400mm, 1/1000 sec., F6.3, ISO 400.

As soon I walked up to the pond, ducks were flying off pretty fast everywhere!

There are lots of pics here on this post (8 pics)....so bear with me! eek.gif

duck.jpg

duck2.jpg

duck3.jpg

duck4.jpg

duck5.jpg

duck6.jpg

duck7.jpg

duck8.jpg

Marc, some of these mergies are just as good as anybody elses that have been posted. You did real well with the ducks in flight. The only thing against you on the first couple, was the bright sun. These are the best you've posted thus far.

Great pics. There is no open water near hutch so I am in envy of your Photos. It's been a very long winter and all these sings of spring are making me anxious.

Duh-oh! They're not mergansers. They're Canvasback ducks. blush.gifblush.gif

Should have verified by looking up the good old bird book heh?

Thanks guys! It was fun shooting them with the camera!

Mike, No I didn't have the blind set up. I was on my lunch break during that time. Been thinking about setting up a blind. That's a good idea. \:\)