• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Poker Faces

DARK30

Speaking of cracked Aces. Last week I was up at Hinkley and got cracked twice in 15 minutes. $100 each time grin.gif

One of the times I was in the BB and the SB asked to chop. I said no, we checked it down and he caught a card on the river, so really it cost me nothing.

Check this out all you 3/6 Players,

I was in a kill pot with a girl who bet $12 on the river. There was about $75 in the pot and she was losing her stack but had about $50 left (she was reloading often that night) I had about $300 in front of me having grown it from $200 starting. I was on a busted flush with Ace high and a pair of 7's were on the board. She had two pair, the 7's and 8's with two other overcards on the board (but not my Ace). I thought for a while to make it look like I was strong but trying to look weak and then reraised her $24 and she called immediately without hesitation. I can not believe she made that call, one of the best I have seen. She did finally go broke and left the table and I did continue winning but that hand still puzzles me, how could she make that call?

Windy

kill games are fun. reminds me of a story too.

kill pot on a 3-6

+ a live stradle

I get Big slick out of position

I raise to 18

the stradler caps it out at 24

Flop KKK!!!!!

CHECK

someone bets

I Smooth Call

Check

Someone bets everyone else folds I raise, then he reraises

I reraise he calls

at this point I am looking for what he has for the bad beat but it wasn't possible.

On the river I bet 12 and he reraises me again! So I reraise and he calls.

HE WAS BLUFFING THE WHOLE TIME!

Gotta love kill games.

Originally Posted By: Windy City Walleye Hunter
Check this out all you 3/6 Players,

I was in a kill pot with a girl who bet $12 on the river. There was about $75 in the pot and she was losing her stack but had about $50 left (she was reloading often that night) I had about $300 in front of me having grown it from $200 starting. I was on a busted flush with Ace high and a pair of 7's were on the board. She had two pair, the 7's and 8's with two other overcards on the board (but not my Ace). I thought for a while to make it look like I was strong but trying to look weak and then reraised her $24 and she called immediately without hesitation. I can not believe she made that call, one of the best I have seen. She did finally go broke and left the table and I did continue winning but that hand still puzzles me, how could she make that call?

Windy

Reraises are very rarely laid down on a low limit game. Either they will reraise you (would you have laid down then?) or just call (why not, they have all that money in there already). They just might catch a bluff, as in this situation.

That's what so great about playing quality hands, a lot of times you end up with the nutz and people are calling machines. Especially with a mid pocket pair ;\)

I never try to bluff by "re"raising on the river. I might toss a bet out, perhaps a raise, but never three bet a bluff.

Dtro,

I did that and it checked down after the flop and turn so I thought the same thing that she was just throwing out a bet on the river and that she was weak, which she was, the only problem was that I was bluffing and her weak hand was a little stronger than my busted flush. I considered her stack and thought she would just toss the hand (especially only holding two mid pairs with a pair of 7's on the board) rather than throwing in another $12 but I was wrong and she made a fairly gutsy call. Got to love the game!

Windy

Originally Posted By: Windy City Walleye Hunter
was a little stronger than my busted flush.

Chasing the flush grin.gif.

Thanks Dark, I watched it with no sound today (no sound at my work). This might have brought up, but is that a young James Garner?

I was at a 2/4 No Limit table in KC at Harrahs and had Q 9 off in the small blind and a guy made it $20 to go. Can't call that, if suited- YES. Laid it down. Flop was Q Q Q. He had 3 callers. This was 3 years ago and I am still sick about it. BTW- there was bets all the way out. If the cash was in front of me and I had stayed in, I probably woulda hit a grand on one hand.

During Hold'em, some guys get so mad when you wait out a flush. They always get mad when they loose though grin.gif. I never see them get mad when they win.

If I have a suited hand (with an ace or king), the flop gives me a couple more suits with some higher cards, the turn is not what I want, the river could hold a winning hand. It is a chance and the odds are not on your side, but some times it is worth the risk.

Yup,

If you have the Ace you can always pick up the high pair if you don't hit to the flush. I also like to play suited connectors even if they are low, especially if they are low because they are hard to sniff out. Kind of like the style that Daniel Negraneu plays. I used to be much tighter player but I have loosened up for two reasons, yea you lose some "seed money" but when you hit the nuts you get paid huge and it also puts lots of players on tilt when you do hit the river to smoke them and you can cash in on a few hands after that while they are still steaming. Like I said before, you got to love this game!

Windy

Sounds like you guys are quite pattern-able ..... grin.gif

I may have to Invite you guys to one of our Home Games.

$150 buy-in $2-$20 Spread Hold-em along with Each player having the option of dealing Omaha-8 four times per night we run this from 7-11 and then we have a $80 buy in no-limit tourney to finish out the night.

Sounds like a plan Pier. But I might ask you to turn down the Twinkie game while we were playing, or maybe not, it might distract everybody at the table except me! I love telling guys how I play because it gets them to play like they think I am playing, until I need to switch gears and then they are left with nothing but green felt in front of them and I am buying them a beer and admitting to getting really lucky!

Got to love this game!

Windy

I'll be putting on my poker face later tonight. Been playing with a few buds for quite a few years now. I don't play online or at any establishment. For me its just about having some fun with the boys, not trying to get rich. We play dealer's choice so its quite a variety of games....some of which have become pretty unique to our table grin.gif

Good luck Dark!

No body has answered my question, but in the clip that started this thread, is the guy with the hat a young James Garner.

I know I have seen this movie/show years ago.

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
Sounds like you guys are quite pattern-able ..... grin.gif

I may have to Invite you guys to one of our Home Games.

$150 buy-in $2-$20 Spread Hold-em along with Each player having the option of dealing Omaha-8 four times per night we run this from 7-11 and then we have a $80 buy in no-limit tourney to finish out the night.

I would not say it is a pattern, but more of an opportunity most do not go for ;\) . Once you go for it and win, you might as well shut down till the next time. It is one of those thing when it works, it works good. That or you fail.

Dark I play in a dealers choice game also we have a lot unique games we play mostly hi/low stuff its a higher limit action but its my favorite game to play in.

A guy can only play so many hold-em hands before it becomes boring.

I don't even like to play if were not at least playing some Omaha or Omaha 8.

Good luck tonight!

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
A guy can only play so many hold-em hands before it becomes boring.

To true, to true.

The worst is when we let the wives play after they have had a couple and they nag us to death about not letting them play.

"Oh and one time Jenny said this and her husband did this and and and and and and and and and" (me) "come on and play"!!!!!!! grin.gif

All though, you get a good group of guys, I can play hold'em untill 2 or 3.

Originally Posted By: DARK30
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDFGxjDRwvc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDFGxjDRwvc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

When I was a kid..He was the coolest cowboy!

Thanks Dark, I only have dial up at home, I will remember to bring the ear phones on Monday. The suspence is killing me.

I am right with you guys. I love to play Hold Em but usually for low stakes, 3-6 or some tournaments. My regular game is once a month and it is with the same 6 guys and it is dealers choice and money tends to run a little higher in that game. Not too big, the most I have ever won was about $500 and the most I have seen a guy lose is about $450 but usually it is in the $100 range on winnings and losses. Our games can get creative as well, that might be an interesting thread to start, my first game of the night is always Kings Little, 7 card stud with Kings wild and the low card in your hole is also wild, the game can get pretty creative and lucrative.

Feel free to share some of your home games, we can always use some new ideas.

Windy

Just wanted to let everyone know, that the state finals I went to the other day was won by a friend that normally plays with us. He gets round trip airfare, $1000 spending cash, hotel and buy-in to a World Poker Tour event of his choice. I never heard a final tally while I was there, but am guessing 500+.

I was doing OK right up until they split up a table behind ours and they put the chip leader (at the time) to my left. Well, after trying to limp in and see some flops, he would raise every hand. Lemme tell you- you go broke awfully fast that way. I lasted a little over 2 hours.