• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dealing with the pesky squirrels

Tom7227

Despite the stove pipe I put around the pole squirrels have still managed to raid the feeding station. I may have solved the problem! I took one of the plastic collars the vets put on a dog after surgery and placed it around the stove pipe and hung it by some twine. So far none of the little buggers have figured out how to get around it. Simple recycling works!!!

Had an electrician friend who rigged up a device that he could zap the squirrels with. Said it was a pretty fun past time ...till he started his deck on fire with it! blush.gifgrin.gif

Two words PELLET GUN. and when your done at your house come to mine. last week I counted 28 in the backyard.

It's kinda hard to have a garden with so many tree rats around.

every year it seems like I see more. I think someone in the neighborhood is feeding the little pests.

I had to fix two holes in my eves last fall that they chewed and haven't had tomatoes or beans from the garden for two years. IMO any more than 2 is to many.

dose MEPPS still use the tails? if so JACKPOT.