• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Unbalievable!

Today we had a 93 caravan in the shop. The customers complain was it ran rough in reverse? after confirming that it did indeed run ruff in reverse it was pulled in the shop. The hood was popped and much to our surprise the coil wire was in two pieces right where the boot covers the coil post on the distributor cap. This thing ran fine except in reverse. Go figure.

The picture, as bad as it is, shows the wire in two pieces. The line right above the arrow is the spark jumping the gap!

coilwire.jpg

Nothing amazes me with vehicles anymore. I have seen many things that should have a car in the yard but they keep on running, quit trying to understand it myself. Some people are just very lucky.

Most likely you haven't had that one in the shop for a while. Most likely a service (more than an lof) would have caught that one. Drive till it dies.

That's not as bad as when I got an oil change and they didn't put the oil cap back and I drove it for about a week and began to notice a louder and louder engine noise and oil dripping under the car. I open the hood and no oil cap and oil all over engine. Took it back and say hey, you guys screwed up. Well they fixed their mistake and that was that.

I just surprised that my car didn't blow up into a fireball with me in flames down the freeway. Crazy on my part as well as my service guys.

I once worked with a guy who had trouble with his new Dodge from day one. It ran rough and it got worse in the rain. He had it back to the dealer several times and to other shops and no improvement. He was looking under the hood one day when his son stopped over. The boy took a glance under the hood and said, "You should replace that cracked distributer cap before it gives you trouble." I'm not sure how all those other guys could miss it.