• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

another question

i need to ask anyone from the duluth area. my wife would like to spend a weekend in duluth area for our anniversary. other than the known areas to visit lie the litehouse etc what would be worth looking into? one thing is for sure a bloody mary and a burger at grandmas. but ned to know more than the zoo, that kind of thing. any opinions welcome.

Originally Posted By: glenn57
i think we would go in april, the month of our anniversary or may when its a bit warmer. what are the vista cruses and are they spendy?

Google Vista Cruises and check out their HSOforum, lots of different options from sightseeing to dinner cruises. Cruises start in May

the Congdon Mansion(sp?) would be worth checking out. I haven't been on the Vista Cruises, but see them out everytime I go through Duluth. Otherwise checking out some of the water falls along the north shore makes for a nice hike. Be careful of the wild life though. The last time I walked some of the trails, we happened across an "All Natural" family blush.gifblush.gifeek.gif that hadn't been dressed for long before we got there. Not just a husband/wife, but teenage kids as well skinny dipping in one of the pools up stream. I think it was the Temperance River.

The Lake Superior Zoo is fun (it's about $10 per person) but not spectacular.

The Shrine Circus will be at the DECC from April 10-13th if you're into silly stuff and Monster Trucks will be there on April 25 & 26th if you're into the loud, smelly stuff! Do you like the ballet or symphony? Probably not but if you do, I'll check on that for you!

Vista Cruises don't start until mid May I believe but would be well worth your time since it'd be wonderful scenery for you two. If you go down to Canal Park (where Vista Cruise is too), the Maritime Museum is neat. Take a walk on the Lakewalk too. So beautiful!

The North Shore Scenic Railroad starts their routes the end of May. Super cool to run up to Two Harbors!

Some very nice restaurants to try:

Ledge Rock Grille on Scenic Hwy 61

Splashing Rock Restaurant on Hwy 61 north of Two Harbors

Restaurant 301 in Duluth(haven't tried this one yet but soon)

Nokomis on Scenic Hwy 61

I really like Grandma's too and prefer the one down in Canal Park.

Anything else I can help you with, sir? Well, just ask any more questions and Northern Minnesota's Travel Chick can help! ;\)

Originally Posted By: glenn57
i think we would go in april, the month of our anniversary or may when its a bit warmer. what are the vista cruses and are they spendy?

Glen if ya want to send me an email I have two for one coupons for the Vista Cruise-Glensheen Mansion, The Depot, Renegade Comedy club and others I would be willing to send you. Barb

[email protected]

thanks everyone for all the info. sorry it took so long to respond, i had to be out of town a few days. that dang job thing really gets in the way. lamdjm, i will swing this info pass the boss and let you know. one thing is for sure, grandmas at canal park!

Did you ask this in the Duluth Forum? If not I would.

Vista, 1/2 day charter fishing, Glensheen and the Bong Memorial in Superior, have a burger and a big butt beer at Gronks on Hwy 2 in Superior, eat at Larsmont or the Grand Superior Lodge, Enger Tower, Glensheen, Zoo, Hike Jay Cooke , rent bikes and bike the north shore trail.

I would contact the Duluth Tourism people and they will send ya a bunch of info.

lisa, yes we had a good anniversary weekend. no we didnt go to duluth for it, we decided we would do an anniverary weekend this fall when theres a bit more to do and see. besides the weather wasnt in our favor either. shes always wanted to see the fall colors up there. i can incorporate it with my work schedule as i represent a shop in duluth.

If you are going for the fall colors Oberg Mountain ( in between the town of Lutsen and Lusten Mt skiing ) is a must !!!! Its a relativly easy hike and the vistas are beyond breath taking !!!!!