• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Took a little walk today

Happy Easter Everyone.

I took a little walk outside today and found a couple decent opportunities for photos. Just thought I'd share.

I like this one with the tree upside down in the water droplet. I kept trying to get the water drop as it fell but I wasn't fast enough or patient enough.

032208_4352copy.jpg

032208_4341copy.jpg

X, my Canon 100 macro is easily the sharpest lens in my bag, and in fact may be the sharpest Canon lens I've ever shot, with the possible exception of the 400mm f2.8L non IS. Aside from macro work, I use it for environmental portraits of animals and birds, portraits of human subject, indoor sports, and landscape images when I want the focal length.

While I (and you) already have that focal length covered, there are times the f2.8 is huge, and the sharpness is suWHEET! And of course looking at the world close up through a macro lens is a good way for a photographer to expand one's outlook. Sure made a difference for me.

Just another tool for the toolbox at some point. grin.gifgrin.gif

Thanks Everyone.

X, Steve is right. My 105mm Macro is very versatile although I haven't gotten a chance to use it much yet. It should be a good all around lens as well as getting real close when I want to.

I think I may have all the lengths covered now so until I decide to upgrade my shortest lens, a 28-800mm Tamron, I think I'm good on lenses. I have that 28-80mm, 70-300mm f4-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, 105mm Macro f2.8, and a 170-500mm f5-6.3. I'd like someday to get Nikkor lenses but I'll make due with Tamrons and Sigmas for now.

Originally Posted By: kingkobbla
you must have a really nice camera.

Actually, mmeyer shoots a Nikon. grin.gif Seriously, a nice camera sure helps, but it's the person using the camera that takes the picture. The operator is a much more important factor than the equipment. A person without experience and know how will usually take crappy photos with a $10,000 outfit, whereas an experienced and versatile photographer can take excellent photos with a $250 point and shoot.

Very nice shots Mike! I really like the framing on both of them. It looks like your enjoying your new macro. You're in for a fun filled spring by the looks of it.