• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let the Game begin

1 bonus of living south of the border ( Iowa) no closed seasons except for a few select waters. River near heres open and a few pike, muskies and eys are known to be there I'm off to wet a line and if I'm lucky start the 2008 open water season with something on the other end of my line. If nothing else at least getting a few baits wet.

We just fished from the bank, Found out 1 brand new reels junk ( 2nd junker of this brand) Found I love the new Okuma reel, got several baits wet and found I'm not in that bad of shape after the winter. Now to start shopping for a new reel to replace the junk new reel untill I can get it returned and my money back.

Glad to hear the Okuma was a hit! I was nervous after reading the first line of your post! Okuma makes a really nice reel for the money, and the power handle is arguably the best on in the business.

Make a few casts for me, as I'm jealous and looking at 3 more months to go.....

Good fishin'

Chris

April 18-20 for Hunter and I. Webster in Indiana. It's not far from where we bowhunt and stay in our friend's cabin. Full moon too. Talked to Mike Hulbert at the Expo and he marked a map and gave us some ideas. Week-long conservation license only $20 for non-resident, and Hunter doesn't need one. Looking forward to it.

Sorry about your bad luck.

Basically it's a Pflueger Trion. I have 2 of them, one I retired along time ago and now My Wife or buddies throw it and the other one that is a 66HS (Gold) that I still use for Buggermans because of the high gear ratio which it works awesome for and I am happy that I have it. I did go through a couple of them the first year until I found a couple of diehards which wasn't to bad for me since I was working at the Fargo Gander and I could easily replace them .

That reel is a typical $80 reel with alot of plastic pieces and plastic gears, not a bad bass reel but a serious Muskie fisherman will beat it up pretty fast. I hope Gander takes care of you.

Nice choice on the Okuma, I haven't thrown one but everyone on here loves them and I know some Cat guys that have been with Okuma for years and love them too.

Keith -

Good luck in Webster. I'm heading to Houston for a month for work so I figure I'll either be a bass guy for a month or I'll head to the Gulf and chase reds. I look forward to hearing of Indiana monsters!

take care - erik