• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody still Riding??

swedishpimple

Last weekend March 15 and 16, I took my new snowmobile up to Aurora - Hoyt Lakes area and put on 65 miles riding in Bear Head Lake State Park. One last ride before putting up the snowmobile and getting out the motorcycles and ATVs. Very Beautiful area plus lots of fun and sure a nice way to break up the winter. Sunday when we came off the trail it was 32 and the trails were breaking up where ever the sun was shining on it.

Last season certainly did end abruptly. This spring seams to be easing into spring a bit slower. Hopefully it stays that way. Up the Gunflint trail here there is still plenty of snow. We have maybe lost a couple of inches but theres still well over two feet in the woods. I am still hopeful in one more big dump before the real spring weather comes.

For anyone from the metro area, I just heard that the Burnsville and Shakopee area already has a good 4-5 inches on the ground and it is still coming down pretty good. Forecasts are calling for snow all day and into the night and tomorrow morning. We'll just have to see though, maybe one last metro ride may be possible before I put her away for the year. Anyone gonna go out if we get the 8-9 inches they are forecasting??

GE