• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Loading fishhouse on trailer

Iron Cowboy

if you can rock it back (pick one side up) and get it to hold at an angle you can back a trailer under most of the house and then set the house on the trailer and push (or winch with a come along) it the rest of the way.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

you could try one of two ways: one you could put pipes under the house once you get it started, and it should just roll on, as long as you keep it up on the pipes. same with the off loading. or if you have a come-a-long you could slowly pull it up onto the trailer. however with the house being 8 wide and the trailer 8 wide it does not give you much room to move around.

I have helped do one before where we jacked the front up and pulled the trailer under, but on ice this winter Im sure that wouldnt work. I am thinking about maybe useing 2x12s for ramps and a comealong to get it up and started on the trailer . would that be the best way? what do ya think?

what I do is take my winch stand off the boat trailer, mount it on the snowmobile trailer, 8x10 aluminum. i move the winch down the stand so not to lift when house nears winch.

Ive found its easiest to crank the trailer under the house than moving the house up the trailer. so once your close to the house, disconect from the vehicle. then manuver it under one edge of the house. ( how you get it there is up to you) if a small pipe would help it roll, use it, or get some snow on the trailer . then I have a short pc of rope that goes between the fish holes in the house and then out to hook the winch to, crank it on till the toung is kinda neutral weighted to get it back on the ball of the vehicle, then adjust so your toung weight is heavy and your good to strap it down. works like a charm.

Minneman, The boat winch! thanks thats a great idea! Im a little confused though, how do you get one end of the it under the house? Do you just lift the front end of the trailer up so the back is under the skids? seems like that would be pretty high up and in a tough position to crank?

[This message has been edited by Iron Cowboy (edited 11-19-2003).]

not realy, lowering the winch on the stand helps, but by the time the back of the trailer hits the ground the coupler on the toung is only chest high. keep the winch close to the trailer. I also have a toung jack so it wont go lower than the ball when you get the weight there.

another thing you could do, fasten some 2x's to the deck of the trailer, extend them out the back a couple feet, if fastened well enough you can now use the trailer as a lever, with the tires being the fulcrum. get the ends of the 2x's under your blocked up house and push down on the toung to loosten it from the ice. then your allready basicly on the trailer, toung in the air, hook up yur strap and crank away. I do this every year, by my self, 3-4 times with my 6x8.

tip: move the vehicle away while doing this, the toung "Will" hit your truck!

[This message has been edited by minneman (edited 11-20-2003).]

Here's what we do. Lift the front end up hold with cement blocks. Keep working cement blocks back until you get it as high as you can. Back trailer up as far under fishhouse as you can get it. Then we use plastic snowmobile ski skins on the front and just lift the back and it slides up the trailer. Works pretty good with 3 guys, good luck.