• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SOFTBALL (mens/womens/co-ed)

Meaney

Wanted to talk softball but only seen there was a baseball forum.. close enough right ;\)

Everyone ready for spring to get here to start practice??!?!?!

What teams do you all play for.. i.e name of team, and location?

I play here in Rochester mondays and fridays. Our team has no sponsor...I wish we did though! Our team name is The Misfitz since we dont really fit the "norm" \:\)

I am excited for this year to start as I had shoulder surgery this past fall and have not really attempted to throw so I am interested to see how that goes.....I play in a league in Zimmerman...mat ball-unlimited arch.....good friends and lots of beer!!!!

We don't start until June here in central New York, but I play Tuesday and tourneys through out the season and only have a 1 night a week league and that team is LaPub/The Garage, regular season champs 2007. Were going over the roster already, many changes and more of our tournament guys to keep some consistency. I'll be 44 in Jun and still love playing... Alot of leagues are going aluminum only here, composites will be a 90% no-no in the stae this year and all I can say is, "It's about time!"

I will continue as an ASA Umpire, enjoyed that last year in my first full season and can honestly say that I blew two calls all season, not bad when you figure I did over 800 innings..

Can't wait to get started back playing.. Let's have those bat lists...

05 Demarini F2

O7 Stealth SST6

Is there anybody in the Farmington, Lakeville, Rosemount, Apple Valley area that is looking for another player for their team. Ive played outfield for the last 3 years in south st. paul and bloomington. I recently moved to farmington and looking to get on a team. I'd be willing to do a tryout

Last year for our team in Eden Prairie Tuesday Men Gold Divison - I am the 3rd youngest on the team at 44 so we are getting up in age...the team has been together now for almost 25 years...going to be tuff to let go...but most of our bodies started letting go a few years back!!

Still can't wait!!!

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
....I will continue as an ASA Umpire, enjoyed that last year in my first full season and can honestly say that I blew two calls all season, not bad when you figure I did over 800 innings..

Good to see another "Blue" on the forums. You may have only "blown" 2, but I can't believe you didn't miss more than that grin.gif

Coach those are blatant misses, you know when you wiff so bad and you feel embarassed, you want to reverse the call. I remember them both, one was a backside tag coming to third from the outfield that I was late getting too. And the second was a call at first base on a routine groundball, the runner was a step and a half past the bag... They laughed it off fortunately.. Thank God I knew some of the guys on that team, they realized 30 min. prior to the game I just dropped my son Tyler off to become a U.S. Marine

Yeah, I know what that is like. Its too bad you can't wait like 10 seconds on calls like that because after they replay in your head 5 times, you know what call you should make! My worst ever is... bottom of the 7th, 2 outs, bases loaded, tie game. It is a co-ed league and a woman is up to bat. She hits a rather meaningless soft grounder down the third base line. She had done it every at bat previously and it is about 10 feet foul, when I call it "Foul ball"... well in proceeds to hit a foothole, hop straight toward the bag, clip the corner of the bag, popping it in to left field. I had already called it dead, so no going back. Took away the game winning hit. They eventually lost in extra innings. I walked backwards to the car that night!! grin.gif

Hey Coach,

That was my wife you took that hit away from...her only hit of the season which ended up being her career...that's right you took away her one and only lifetime hit...She is still mad about that one and talks about it often!!

Just kidding -- That is good story...would of like to been there to see that one happen!!

Thanks for sharing -- only a month away now and we will be playing!!