• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

XM radio

knoppers

does anyone have any experience with this satelite radio?

I work nights, and a die hard twins fan, and since the broadcast moved to 1500, I can no longer listen at work.

my question is this, do the XM radios work inside buildings, with the antenna inside the building?

another question, how do these things work, do you have to hook up speakers? they show there portable radios, but they are basically just a face plate.

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

The antenna needs to be able to see the satellite so they will not work inside buildings unless they are wifi capable. Sirius may be the only one that has wifi. The building also needs wifi and you'd need access to the password.

To hook up you could use a dash top box which would go over the FM radio within a limited distance or a permanent car unit which is wired into the stereo.

If the twins are the only reason to get XM you may want to look into radio broadcast over the internet. 1500 may offer it for free.

I know the XM in my truck will cut out just backing into my garage. I wish I could take it everywhere. But that's just not possible. Needless to say that I intentionally spend more time in my truck the other vehicles in the past grin.gif

The after market xm radio is a transmitter, you tune a radio(car/truck) to a station the XM radio is set to broadcast to and you instantly get it in your vehicle. far inside a building wont work but if your parked in front of your window at work it may work. also as a subscriber you can get it all online, if that is an option.

I have sirius and listen at work through the computer over the internet. I just go to Sirius's HSOforum and click on "Listen Online". I'd imagine that you can do the same thing with XM. You dont pay any extra to do this.