• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

screen tent

Pistol Pete

We have the Big Party Gazebo from Cabela's and love it. Very sturdy. It has withstood severe winds. Also, the Cabela's Gazebo with Fly Combo would be a good option if you would like to have the option of fully enclosing the screen house for people to sleep in, or bad weather. Check 'em out and good luck. Junky......

You can never go wrong with the Eureka's. They are built better then anything you will get at Target or Walmart. You will pay a bit more but you get a better quality product you will get more life out of.

I've had a REI-brand 12x12 tent for about five years and it's worked great whenever I put it up. I guess if I were going shopping for one, I would scrutinize the zippers to make sure that they are of high quality. Also check out the different door designs. When you're really in bug country, you want to be able to get through the door as quick as possible to minimize bugs getting through. Keep in mind that you'll likely be carrying something in one or both hands, so easy operation with one hand would be a bonus.

I can't remember the brand name but you said it was for your lake lot and what I had on mine was a hexagon one that had aluminum screened sides and a canvas top. It has a regular screen door on one of the sides which is a lot better than a zipper. I would leave the sides of it up all summer and just put the top on when you show up. I had the top frame anchored to a chain which went in to the ground. Took less than 5 minutes to put on or take off the top. Worked great! If you are interested I can dig up some more info on it just reply here.

I got one from Target on sale for 80 bucks,it serves its purpose in my yard on a lake with lots a bugs,Its not like I'm setting it up and leaving it for the whole summer,I set it up when needed and take it down when not,Takes all of 5 minutes to put it up,little longed to take down and fold & store.Its 12x12 with plenty head room.

Originally Posted By: Quetico
You can never go wrong with the Eureka's. They are built better then anything you will get at Target or Walmart. You will pay a bit more but you get a better quality product you will get more life out of.

Dido that. I've left others in the camp dumpster before I bought my Eureka!