• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ladies and Gentlemen...Maurice Hicks....we got'm

LMITOUT

Maurice Hicks (born July 22, 1978 in Emporia, Virginia) is an NFL running back who is currently a Free Agent. He went to North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. He was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Chicago Bears in the 2002 NFL Draft. He was then signed as a free agent by the 49ers in 2003. He is currently the second string running back behind Frank Gore.

You saying the Vikes signed him? If so he will be good for special teams. Maybe even a backup if Ap, CT get hurt. I dont see him being in the back field very much though. I sure hope the Vikes only got him to replace Melweldy More, and not Taylor!

I agree, very nice pick up.....now if we could only find a defensive end.....I guess we'll have to draft another one, boy we've had bad luck drafting DE's in the past 10 years or so. Remember Underwood????

Yeah, Hicks has never returned a punt in the NFL (not saying he can't), just not his repitoire.

We need a punt returner in the worst way. I am so sick of BWade waving for that Fair Catch...

Hicks is a decent player and looks to be in on 3rd down and times and on certain offensive packages...

If there wasnt such a risk i wonder how peterson would do returning a few punts?? I wouldnt wanna see it happen, especially if he got hurt. Williamson gone yet? if he had hands that were actually useful he woulda been a good returner with his speed. too bad he couldnt catch a ball that was handed to him.

Originally Posted By: eyehunter
I guess we'll have to draft another one, boy we've had bad luck drafting DE's in the past 10 years or so. Remember Underwood????

yeah...remember the last 15 DE's we've drafted lol?

the best DE imo we got on the team right now is robison...i hope he gets more playing time this season....i think he can show us some things.

peterson would be a beast returning any kind of kicks because he's a freak of nature...remember when he wins the whole game for us and we somehow blow it like normal and we need a big return and peterson takes it all the down to field goal range? that was awesome....but you definatly don't want your franchise RB being a return man.

allison/hicks should do pretty good with the kicks.

i seen some good things to come out of allison as a wr last season...once our qb play gets better and our young wr's gain experience we should be doing pretty good....they say it takes a good 3 yrs for a wr to adjust to the nfl....i think it's only gonna take rice 2 yrs.