• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's the quickest way to find a carpet layer...

Hookmaster

Try calling a local home builder. They subcontract out to one man operations quite often. A few guys I work with do carpet work on the side and sometimes pick up jobs from contractors for new houses. They also get work from carpet stores like Sandmannd said.

Before you call anybody, make sure the ripples are not caused by delamination. Push the ripples with you finger tips, if while pushing, the ripples can be pushed all the way to a vertical surface (and you don't hear a crunchy noise or feel like the backing materials are loose from each other), it's a ripple. If while pushing the ripple , it moves to the opposite edge of the ripple and stops, you have delamination. Try that out and post what you find. I have a lot more info for you so you don't waist you money hiring somebody who doesn't know how to do a proper re-stretch. Plus, if it happen within the first year or so, I can really offer you some good info.

Wallabee,

I checked it out and they are definitely ripples and not delaminations. I could push them all the way across the room. Any help you could provide for finding the right person to do the restretch would be greatly appreciated, like what questions to ask etc. The carpet is 12 years old.

I checked it out and they are definitely ripples and not delaminations. I could push them all the way across the room. Any help you could provide for finding the right person to do the restretch would be greatly appreciated, like what questions to ask etc.

I've gone to the local Menards store. They keep a display case near the building materials ordering desk with the business cards for the various skilled trades for you to review. They seem to shy away from recommending an individual person or business however.