• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Free agency

Eric Wettschreck

I guess I will go on record as saying I am glad we got Frerotte. It was obivous we were not going to get Rosenfels unless we gave up a 2nd rounder and that is too much IMO to give up for a back-up QB. We have to put our trust in TJack, who has only started like 12 games or so as a professional...Let see what he can do this year. What other QB was out there to sign (as back-up. I think that is the key here...the QB signed was going to be a back-up anyway...we all know the TJACK experience will at least be for this year...then Chilly and all of us can evaluate him and see if we need to go after a top notch QB in the draft next year or seek any possible (starting) free agent QBs to lead us next year.

I will admit I for one was not a huge TJack fan, but last year he show me a little potential...that maybe he could be a good QB..prolly will never be a great one...but there are plenty of good/avg/below avg qbs that have won a superbowl...ekhmmm (Manning/Giants)

GO VIKES!!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McKinnie gets June trial date

Vikings offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie has been given a June 2 trial date in Miami-Dade County Court on charges stemming from his Feb. 24 arrest outside a Miami nightclub.

McKinnie, who was not present at today's hearing, faces four charges, including felony battery, as the result of a fight with a member of the club's security staff.

He previously pleaded not guilty to all charges.

"We're preparing for trial and going forward with the discovery process," his attorney, Larry Kerr, said. "Other than that, I have no further comment."

McKinnie has been arrested four times since joining the Vikings in 2002 and faces a possible NFL suspension or fine under the league's personal conduct policy if the case is not dropped.

Looks like we are going to have to find a replacement for the 08 season!

Originally Posted By: FISHINGURU
we can get a pretty good quality o-line player with our 2nd pick....now that DE is taken care of we should be focusing on the o-line with that 2nd.

Exactly, the line is getting older, and one player may not be playing this season! So we need to plan for that!

I didn't realize that The Hall Of Fame only judges QB's on their last ten years??? Here's some stats from some great players (last 10 years):

Montana Yds/28,572 TD's/195 Int/95 Games Played/155

Marino Yds/33,508 TD's/127 Int/127 Games Played/172

Elway Yds/33,331 TD's/167 Int/130 Games Played/167

Favre Yds/39,064 TD's/260 Int/193 Games Played/169

Career Stats:

Montana Yds/40,551 TD's/273 Int/139 QB Rating 92.3

Marino Yds/61,331 TD's/420 Int/252 QB Rating 86.4

Elway Yds/51,475 TD's/300 Int/226 QB Rating 79.9

Favre Yds/61,655 TD's/442 Int/288 QB Rating 85.7

Free agent DL Darrion Scott was arrested on Wednesday for three charges: felony assault, domestic assault, and malicious punishment of a child.

It will be awfully tough for Scott to stir up interest after this. He previously had offseason visits with the Patriots and Redskins.

Another Viking gone bad crazy.gif