• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Free agency

Eric Wettschreck

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free agent DE Justin Smith is expected to sign with a team within the next "48 hours."

Looks like he'll be picking between Cincinnati, Minnesota, and the 49ers, with the latter two teams the clear frontrunners. The Bengals seem to have acknowledged he's leaving by setting up visit with DE Antwan Odom.

An odd thing happened as media members waited in the Winter Park practice facility for the Madieu Williams’ news conference to begin. A Vikings official and someone wearing a Vikings cap and with a Vikings jersey in his arm emerged from the team’s weight room.

First thought: Did we just see Bernard Berrian? It certainly wasn’t Williams and it looked like Berrian. (Update: After examining his picture in the Bears media guide, we are now sure it was the 6-foot-1 Berrian.)

Re. Barrian from a Bears fan on another site:

Bad routes, dropped passes, absolutely no blocking; all he has is speed, a commodity which many receivers in this draft seem to have. Perhaps at 5 million a year, but never, never an 8 million a year player. Most players in the last year of their contract give you the best they have; we all saw what Berrian had to offer. No thanks...

A guy who has no assets other than speed doesnt catch 71 balls for 951 yards in that worthless offense. The only weapon they had period, rushing or recieving and he did that. I have a friend who is a diehard bears fan and he said he could about puke right now with whats going on. The only serious weapon the bears had and it looks like hes moving within the division.

Yeah it was, but the key was he played on a team that had the 30th ranked rush offense. Teams didnt have to load up on the running game like they will against the vikings. Berrian was the main weapon for the bears and put up 71 catches and 951 yards. As i have said before, what would have a Chad Johnson who people say is an elite reciever put up for numbers with the bears last year. You can't honestly say it would have been any better. I was honestly surprised he put up the numbers he did in that chicago offense. This is a good reciever with untapped potential in my mind who is coming to a situation that is pretty sweet for him. Facing single coverage and running free all over one of the fastest tracks in the NFL.

Type in Berrian Signs with Vikings into Google and go to Da Bears Blog. I think they are a little sore that berrian left. Actually every bear board says we overpaid for a receiver that isnt worth the money. But who do they got now? Hester? They are praying for Moss!!!

Don't let bears fans kid you. I have 2 friends that are diehards, and they are both sick he is gone and worse yet to the vikings. Of course we overpaid, but what are you going to do?? That is the NFL of today. Teams managing the cap and having lots of $$ to spend. Every top end FA at any position gets overpaid.