• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Handheld GPS

ducker

Tough one. I have an ifinder H2O now and it works fine for me, when it works....

If I was to upgrade it would be one of the Garmin rino's. Rechargeable battery, walky talky communication which can be wired to a helmet, and still a decent size screen. You can also send a map to friends with your location on it if they have a rhino also. $500 expensive though.

I got myself a Lowrance Hunt with the plus package. The whole thing put me out about $400 bucks, but I am still amazed by what all it can do. The Map Create US Topo Version 6 is a great program, and tells me all I need to know, and then some. You also have to ask yourself, "What am I going to use it for the most". I do more hunting than fishing, so I went with the Hunt, but I have heard the H2O is an incredible unit too. There are so many units out there, that you need to sit down and think about what all you want out of a GPS and then move from there.

Hunt and expedition are the same. H2O is the same also, except it does not have a compass. You have to move to get a definite direction. Other than that, some icons are different. I would also recommend color.

But yes, I agree, it depends on what you are using it for.

Originally Posted By: SomethingFishy
I'll second what Roofer had to say. I have an expedition and if I was to get a different one for the atv it would be a pair of the Garmin Rhinos.

Hey, then if I had one and you did also, I could say..."WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!!!!" LOL

Originally Posted By: Roofer
I'll second what Roofer had to say. I have an expedition and if I was to get a different one for the atv it would be a pair of the Garmin Rhinos.

Hey, then if I had one and you did also, I could say..."WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!!!!" LOL

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

LOL. The greta thing is tehre were no injuries and we all were able to keep riding. I hope the tree isn't still mad at me.

RFLMAO w/tears in my eyes. That there is gosh darn funny grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif