• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

any good tips for bear hunting?

yocal_local

Originally Posted By: tealitup
Last year I tried a honey with bacon combo burn. I could not see a foot in front of my face with all of the smoke \:\) Really, try it at home first.

Or get further away? I went to a bear hunting class about 10 years ago and this older DNR guy who wrote a book about hunting bears said the honey burn was key to his success. He also talked about using onion bags with dog food and molasses hung in trees. I can't find his book/pamphlet anyplace. His name was Dick something and he lived up near Brainerd or Bemdigi. Anyhone else know who/what I am writing about?

Dr. Ken Nordberg writes a book called Do It Yourself Bear Hunting. He says a lot of good things about honey burns and I think he was at the Game Fair in Anoka one year speaking about deer hunting and bear hunting. He has a whole series on deer hunting as well. I've read his book a couple of times over the years. That would be a good place to start for advice I don't do everything he writes about, but I use what works for me. I don't know if it's the same guy Tom is talking about. We had some guy at our bear clinic over in Cambridge talk about honey burns and the burlap sacks hanging in trees and it wasn't KN. I think if you asked 10 guys in a row about bear hunting you'll get 10 different answers. Everyone has their own mix, strategy, etc. Sweet stuff has worked the best for me.