• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canadian Bear Hunt

Brother-in-law and I are looking to do a bear hunt in Canada possibly in 2009. Has anyone got any suggestions on area. We fish Birch Lake flying out of Ear Falls/Red Lake and the outfitter we go with does not do bear hunts. Another one on the lake does and it would be nice to fish a familiar area if we get our bears early. I just don't want to seem like we're screwing the outfitter we normally go with but he doesn't offer bear hunts. The one that does is Birch Lake Lodge. As usual, cost will determine alot.

Not sure if they guide bear or not, but Harvey Lee would know.

Tom do the Hayes at Lost Island guide bear? We always see bear on our way up their to Lac Seul??? I know they have excellent Deer hunting, but not sure on Bear.

We offer a high success bear hunt. Our hunter have enjoyed 100% opprtunity for the past 6 years and 90-100% success rates. You can get more info from our HSOforum and view our photo gallery. We origianlly came from the Mason City area before moving North.

If you are looking for a good remote bear hunt with no one else encroaching on your hunting area check out http://www.campmanitoufishing.net

We have a remote island resort with just under 200 sq. mile BMA that no one else can hunt and there are no roads for anyone to get in if they tried.

If you are looking to spend your money with a someone from Iowa, I was born in Cedar Rapids, before moving up here.

Check it out, if you have any questions let me know.

Matt

We only take around 12 bear hunters each year. We like to keep the hunt small and very successful. If you want to eliminate alot of the worries about getting a second rate hunt vs a great hunt, be sure to get references and ask them how the hunt was, what was lacking if anything, how was the service, and what was the equipment and accomodations like. If you would like a list of references from us, let me know and I will gladly give you as many as you would like. We utilize great baiting strategies and excellent stands for your comfort and our clients will back it up.