• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what day do permanents have to be off the ice?

PmDavis300

I thought you could sleep in them as well... I went to the regs and this is what it says:

Fish houses or shelters on waters north of the line* may remain on the ice between midnight and one hour before sunrise only when occupied or attended.

Later on is says:

Note: After the date when ice or fish houses or shelters must be removed, portable shelters may be placed on the ice and used from one hour before sunrise to midnight, but only if there is an open fishing season on the lake.

I personally don't know what to make of it?

I personally don't know what to make of it?

Note: After the date when ice or fish houses or shelters must be removed, portable shelters may be placed on the ice and used from one hour before sunrise to midnight, but only if there is an open fishing season on the lake.

You answered your own question in the note.

After midnight on the 29th everything must become "portable" and removed @ midnight and not out again until one hour before sunrise!!

Dependent on your location within the state of course.

Unless your up in northern section midnight tomorrow is it.

Must be off and no sleeping in a perm. Need to come back out just before sunrise and off again by midnight.

Thanks for all the help guys but it still does not make any sense. So the only way you can fish from midnight until 5am ish is if you are sitting on the ice with the portable in the truck or the wheelhouse on shore? Or can you not even fish at all from these hours? Like someone said before, you can put them on whenever you want but they tell you take them off with 30 inches of ice, does not make sense to me!!!