• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Repair Manuals

ikeslayer

Question

i have a 1979/80 Evinrude 88hp. i broke a linkage in it and it seems like simple fix but i want to know the right way to do it. Does anyoneknow where to find a good hayne/chilton or equivelant repair manual. Wanted fellow mn boys opinions before i started ordering online. ike

4 answers to this question

You may even be able to find a dealership repair manual on HSOList.

I have had great luck finding snowmobile shop manuals for all makes and models back to the late 60s there, I would assume there is a supply of outboard repair manuals there as well.

The Clymer manuals are very good although they tend to generalize many similar years together. If there is something unique or original to a specific model, they will probably miss it. On my snowmobiles, it was some safety switching that Clymer never touched on, the dealer manual had it and how to properly set them as well.