• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Disposing of gas/oil mix

rbandsasha

How do you guys dispose of your old gas/oil mix? It was mixed earlier in the winter so it is not that old and is mixed with Opti-2 oil. Also how long until you consider your gas/oil mix old? I have not used Seafoam in the past but after reading a number of other posts, I am probably going to use it in the future.

Thanks

RBandSASHA

rbandsasha,welcome to fishingminnesota.com.

I have to go with Skeets on this one.I have also added it to a car/truck and then filled up the vehicle tanks to full.Otherwise, I have burned up small amounts at a time in the fire pit with brush,etc. That may not be an option for most folks,however.

As mentioned above, you can pour the fuel into your vehicle or bring it to a service station/repair shop. They have recycling containers for recycling fuel. I dispose of the fuel if it is over 2 months old (use high octane non-oxygenated gas). Most of the oil mixes have conditioners in them but I still add a bit of Seafoam to my auger, sleds, and lawnmower.

Just a note on the side... I had my lower unit go out on my boat and didn't fix it for 2 1/2 years. It had 24 gallons of fuel in one of the tanks and the mechanic told me it would be fine to burn it, so I did and it ran fine all summer. Not even a hickup! Explain that one!