• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electric Fillet Kives, which is better?

rod bender

I would agree with Brother Bro on that one.
Get the American Angler blades b/c they have a pointed tip. Thus it is much easy to clean your fish b/c you can use the tip of the blade.
What them blades work really good for is taking the cheeks out of walleyes. wink.gif

------------------
Fish ON!

I got along with the mr twister blade design ok but burned up the motors pretty quick..Now I just use an ultra sharp fillet knife.... Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Not that there is anything wrong with either of these but the knife that I found I liked best are the Rapala knifes they have a smaller ligher motor and seem to have more power. I have used the other and this is the one I like best.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

hey rod

I prefer the mister twister-type knife over the american angler because i found that the curved blade of the AA caused me to butcher/destroy more fish. I think the handle and the straight blade are more user-friendly especially when cleaning panfish. --------If you want to save some money, you can purchase the black and decker electric knife at walmart/target for about $12----its exactly the same as the mister twister.

thinkCold

[email protected]

Several guides on the Great lakes use the American Angler electrics on board and on shore.

What feedback I have received from them on electric knives, both 110 and 12V, is the new M-2 series will hold up better and longer. Better motors in the American Angler M-2 will now burn our as quickly. The saltwater series is a bit tougher yet by some accounts. Generally anything "Salt Water Proof" is built a bit more waterproof, so that may be the deal there?

I have received a great deal of negative feedback on the longevity of the Mister Twister electric knives.

I have been for the most part a traditional fillet knife user as I C&R far more then I ever clean. Yet many of my guide friends now prefer electrics over rigid knives.

------------------
BACKWATER GUIDING
701-281-2300
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>