• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Baby FMer GTG Recap - What a day!

polarsusd81

My kids reminded me last night when we where going threw this thread together after dinner, that I did not post any images with them catching fish. Here ya go guys.

Dylon

FYPaL2pqgdGyheJcgoNgRJ-B4agZinh80300.jpg

Here is my boy Dominic. He learned how to use the MarCum and did not want to give it up. It shows a person how easy these things are to use. Maybe it's being young (6years old), but with in a couple minutes of a run down on how to use it, the kids had a lock on what to do. Its as easy as 1,2,3.

One

k0vxVWun1f4tUknlGZDDH0YKnZ5GhV+h0300.jpg

Two (Dad I see a fish)

GBGHubw-PSnqvhQL+6hOrUTQqk6BtEcZ0300.jpg

Three

A1YGuSl4XtTx+6l1j8AWszY2byClKKxi0300.jpg

The biggest Thanks of the whole event should go out to everyone who came to it. Tom, the kids and my self combed the entire area for trash afterwards and found nothing. NOTHING! Our group was the last to leave and the kids and I gave it another look over and still nothing.

If anything, I think we left the lake cleaner than it was to begin with. In my eyes, it shows the true mind set of an FM crowd.

It will be hard to beet next year, but Mother Nature played a big role on Saturday with the weather and the eagle. I think we owe her a big thanks also.

We will see you all next year.

Shackbash (Josh)

Yeah Josh I forgot all about the trash deal. We combed the entire area and didn't find squat for garbage left over. I do agree that it was probably cleaner when we left than it was when we got there. That certainly made cleanup a lot easier. I think most people brought their trash home with them as the only trash we had when we got home was the stuff from all the food. That really says a lot about the group of people we had out there. I had the short lens on but I will see if I can crop down a photo of ol' Baldy to post up. He was circling around for a while waiting for a morsel of fish to be left on the ice. Probably would have scared the stuffing out of a couple kids if the eagle landed in the group though so I am glad nobody threw out a fish for it.

Originally Posted By: polarsusd81
We combed the entire area and didn't find squat for garbage left over. I do agree that it was probably cleaner when we left than it was when we got there. That certainly made cleanup a lot easier. I think most people brought their trash home with them as the only trash we had when we got home was the stuff from all the food. That really says a lot about the group of people we had out there.

My son and I were at a lake a few weeks ago and we were just disgusted with all the trash that people left lying on the ice. I am trying to instill the idea of leaving an area as clean if not cleaner than when we arrived on my kids. Glad to see I am not the only one doing this!

Looks like a lot of fun. My son(2 1/2 yrs old) and I were unable to make it, but we went out for a short trip yesterday and had a blast. All he talked about this morning was fishing. Nice to see everyone putting on a great event and introducing/getting kids involved in the outdoors.

Yup. My niece (3) will tell anyone who will listen about how she caught THREE fish this weekend with her uncle. She got a fishing rod and everything. She can't wait to go out again.

Not only did I get the little one hooked, she now is indignant about the fact that every fish that is caught gets let go.