• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

after market tires

reelemin

What is a good all around after market tire for a Susuki 700 King Quad?

Then wheeler is mainly used for work around the cabin and ice fishing. Hoping ( now that I have people to ride with grin.gif ) to get out on the trails more.

Mainly looking for a brand and how agressive I should go.

I've heard good things about the ITP Holeshot ATR's and the ITP Mudlite's.

I have the AMS Swamp Fox, but have the shallower lug instead of the XT version.

With the KQ 700, you have plenty of power to turn a 26 or 27 inch tire.

Originally Posted By: SomethingFishy
I would add the question to this.

12" or 14" wheel?

26" or 27" Tire?

My thoughts......

They say a 14" wheel gives better stability. I think you get this with aftermarket wheels being they are more offset and wider. The 6ply tires help out also. With a 12" wheel you have the best of both, I feel. You can air up to 4-5 psi and have very good trail manners or air down to 0-3 psi in the snow and have more sidewall flex giving a bigger contact area. If I'm missing something, please tell me.

26 or 27, depends on the tire. I have read alot of reviews and 27's seem to be the norm for all around. Obviously more GC with most 27's. 26's probably a little more sporty. Most tires you get the same lug size in either 26 or 27, and can have 12 for the rear tires and 9's or 10's wide in the front, depending on the brand.

I have had 27's that were as tall as 25" and 26's measure as big as a 27. Some have a thicker sidewall, some are made cheaper and balloon as you inflate them, some just grow taller when inflated. I know my mst's and most 6 ply tires will run all day being flat and never come off the bead.

Personally, I have always had 26 or 27" tires, and have had only about 5 sets of aftermarket tires, so I don't know all of it, but have read alot on tires.

ITP 589's are a tough all around tire, and pretty popular. Mudlites are soft and won't last long at all if you actually "use" your wheeler. Mudbugs are a decent tire as well as Goodyear Mudrunners. GBC makes the Gator's and Mudhog's (Mudrunner copy) I have 27" GBC Mudhog's on my Kingquad 700 and I'll have to say they are an excellent tire. I've got 1900 tough miles on them, and they still got plenty good tread left on 'em. Kenda Executioners are a good tire also, although they are really aggressive, and take alot of your power away.

I would look into some Bighorns like Roofer has. The seem to be a pretty good all around tire. I have mudbugs which I like but they arnt very good on ice and you cant run chains because the lugs are so far apart the chains just fall between the lugs and dont touch the ice.