• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

State tournament playoffs

IFallsRon

Roseau easily looks like the best team so far, cuz they are. So many good skaters and so organized. I dont think any of the teams can compete with them, not even edina or BSM. Thats how it goes when the whole town starts thinkin about hockey the second they're born.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ness is an awesome high school hockey player and he will be just as good if not better playing in the WCHA.His size won't be an issue,he's too fast and sees the ice too well.It will be interesting to see where he is drafted.

I thought I heard that he is taking double classes this year so he can play in semi-pro system then I thought he was going to the gophers, (dang he would look good in the Green & White of the Sioux), like I said I am not positive but that was mentioned the other night.

Yes that is correct, Ness is going to the Gophers next fall and taking jr/sr class courses to graduate this spring. Ness will do fine in Maroon and Gold and in the WCHA. Gophers have some D-Men the size as Ness, but only a little bigger and Ness will build up throughout the summer and fall before season starts.

I sat by Cary Eades last night during the Roseau game, UND is looking at #7 Tyler Landman (Jr.). I can see Landman being the next Ryan Duncan but only stronger and more physical, IMO.

Go Rams and Sioux!

Did anyone else notice Lou Nanne let his "Homer" tendencies slip out right at the end of regulation play tonight in the Edina vs. Benilde game? Tied at 4-4 with about 5 seconds left he said "I had a feeling it was going to be a overtime game but I didn't want to say anything because it might jinx us."

Lou has turned into Sid. Everyone's last name turns into the same i.e. Hanowski, Waytayshik becomes Waynowski. He needs to borrow grandpa hockey's ben franklin glasses to see the program.

Edina v. Benilde; do you root for the cake or the recruiters?

i wasn't sure if he meant us as in the broadcasters & viewing audience or us as in edina.

i think these late night games get the best of sweet lou nowadays, he's done alot for mn hockey but its gotta be time to pass the torch on one of these years.

ron - i'll answer that last question at about 11pm.

Originally Posted By: muskyjim
i wasn't sure if he meant us as in the broadcasters & viewing audience.

That's exactly what he meant.........geesh guys to compare Lou Nanne to Sid Hartman is ridiculous did you listen to game? the whole time he was praising good hockey and never even remotely was bias towards Edina or BSM where his grandkids attend.

Quote:
"I had a feeling it was going to be a overtime game but I didn't want to say anything because it might jinx us."

Quote:
Heard an interview with the Lou and he has ties to Benilde also. Grandkids I believe... but you know he's a cake eater at heart.

crazy.gif

I don't know that it was such an upset given the fact that Roseau played only two ranked teams from the cities ( Bloomington Jefferson # 14 and Blaine # 17) and both were 1 goal games. So whereas they have a nice team, I think their record was a bit inflated.

And I should probably mention my son graduated from Hill so I may be a bit biased. ;\)

I realize I will probably get killed for this but I truely believe its happening more each year.

Seems to me that the private schools are really starting to dominate the hockey tourny. I still believe that they should have their own tourny. All they need to do is recruit and come up with a great team versus the other schools who work these kids for years.

If the open enrollment was for acedemics only, the private schools would have a very diffucult time having the success they now enjoy. My thoughts are that many only open enrol for the sports.

OK, hammer me now.