• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shrike and Lark image

MARINERMAGNUM

I agree with Dan on the side lighting, it is good! Nice and sharp! I put many hours on the roads of Iowa yesterday and saw hundreds and hundreds of small flocks of Horned larks... just everywhere we went along with Kestrals, Redtailed, Rough Legged hawks, Harriers and one Golden Eagle! The Chickadees have started with their spring calling!! It's coming!!!

That little horned lark really caught my eye, very nice! They should be back here anytime now in the pasture and may already be. With shearing yesterday and lambs on the ground right away this morning, haven't been able to look. Thanks for the pictoral heads up! grin.gif

Thanks to all.

Buzz,what were you doing down here in God's country? ;\)

I was chasing a flock of Snow Buntings with some Lapland Longspurs mixed in,but they were a crafty bunch-couldn't get close.

My daughter inquired about the Shrike,and I told her it was kind of a "mini hawk". She said "Oh,he's the little "fun size" version?" Uh, yeah I guess so.

"Fun size" candy is no fun for me. \:\/

Originally Posted By: MARINERMAGNUM
Thanks to all.

Buzz,what were you doing down here in God's country? ;\)

\:\/

I was chasing Eagles down in southern Iowa on up along the mighty Mississippi. I'll post some stuff later... good times!