• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

broadhead question

midwesthunter

Right now I shoot rocket steelheads, which perform great. But last year I got a new bow and am now pulling back 70# and a 30" draw. I figure I can now shoot a bigger diameter head. I hear great things about Rage Broadheads so that would be one option for me. The Rocket Sidewinders look really similar to the steelheads though but they do have a 1.5" cutting diameter. Another one that caught my eye was the Undertaker(rocket bought out piston point).

So here is my question. Who shoots Sidewinders and have you had good or bad experiences with them?

Any and all input will be appreciated!

I know several people that swear by sidewinders. These guys shoot several deer each year and won't think of changing heads. Once they shoot a deer with them they usually don't reuse the head. I don't think sidewinders are quite as tough as the steelheads though and if I hit the shoulder I would prefer the steelhead for penetration.