• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

$4137.00 and counting

tightlines

Just thought I would give you all an update on the the shack cost. It was surprising to add up the reciepts tonight. I still have to purchase a few cabinets,propane tanks, regulator,hoses,inside trim,TV and antanea,carpet and a few odds and ends. I am sure that when it is all complete I will have $5000.00 in the shack. I missed the budget by about $1500.00, but I did add some things that I wasn't originally planning on like hole lights, catchcovers, dinnette set and upgraded panelling. I figure it was definetly worth the time and money as I have one hell of a nice shack and it is built the way I wanted it built. If any of you are planning to build a shack, go for it. It is a lot of fun designing and building and you end up with a shack built to your specs...

Sounds like you have a nice shack going. You'll have to post some pics when its all done. I would like to build an ice house someday but I move around too much right now when I'm on the ice chasing the crappies, gills, and perch. My buddy has a big 12 x 26 house (I think thats the size) up on Mille Lacs. A pretty nice time relaxing in there every once in a while. A nice big ice house up on LOW right over a hunger group of walleyes sounds nice smile.gif

Must be a lot of fun building your own. I know I have a blast modifying my Fish Trap Pro.

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]

Well the dinnette set breaks down into a bed too, so it's worth the extremely high price. LOL LOL I actually got the set at an RV place here in Fargo for 225.00 so that was a bargain. I will still be fishing with the portables and use the shack as a base camp, hopefully on top of schools of eyes and crappies...

Tightlines, I see you live here in Fargo, I'm sure like many of us. The reason I'm asking is that my brother-in-law and I are going to be building a shack shortly and I would like to take a good look at one and pick someones brain. Would it be possible to take a look at yours and pick your brain a littl? Email me at [email protected] if it wouldn't be an inconvenience.

Thanks,
Fisherdog

Wow! How fast it all adds up. It’ll be worth it though.

To post the digital pictures into email just compose your email and then
Insert, file attachment and locate the pictures under the directory you saved them under.
One thing to make it easier looking for your pictures is when you save them under your
Digital camera’s software is to save them under a directory called like c:/fishing.

Would sure like to see some pictures. [email protected]

Still waiting on my trailer yet so I can get started on building my shack.
p.s….I hate to admit it but my trailer is pushing $4200, and that’s just for the
trailer.

8 x 16 and an extra v-nose, Electric Hydraulic lift, Tandem axels, coil springs, etc.
It’s the cats meow for trailers for sure!

Walks

Hey walks. WOW!!! Are you ever gonna have a hell of a trailer. You building this entire thing yourself? I am wondering where you live, as I would like to take a peak at your shack when it is finished. I know we can get a lot of good ideas from fellow shack builders. I would venture that youwill have 10 grand by the time your finished? There is something about home built shacks that spur the interest in guys. I pulled mine out of the garage last weekend and within a half an hour most of the neighborhood came over to check it out. Even the non-fishermen. It was kinda cool to see there reactions. Have fun with the project. I know I am.

Tightlines: Glad to hear you are wrapping things up on your Ice Shack. Will you be completely done in about 50 days, when it'll be time to drag it up to L.O.W. for its first overnight stay? Building one from scratch, one idea at a time, does take a lot of time and talent. I hope to see it up there some time this winter. I know you have seen my new one so I am at a disadvantage to recognize yours. Maybe you'll be able to post a picture for all of us upon completion. Will you be able to use it for a Deer Hunting shack yet this Fall? Might work out good for that too. To say nothing of these Shacks being used for rough Grouse hunting shacks way back in the big woods.
Hope you put the finishing touches on it soon and we'll "catch you" up on the big pond before the F.M. fishing get together.

EBASS: I would post some pic's but don't know where I would post them? I could email ya some shots. I do have the exterior about finished with the exception of mounting the tanks. Interior is getting close to completion. Working on the ceiling now and installing cabinets and carpet this weekend.Do you know of a way to post pic's and if so explain how to do it?

105_0567.jpg
105_0568.jpg
105_0569.jpg

[This message has been edited by Paul Waldowski (edited 10-28-2003).]

Ebass. Thankyou. I thought the diamond front end was a good defense against rocks and road salt, and besides that it looks good. Kooba, I looked at a lot of houses and found that most of em were using a 2 foot high panel. I am not too worried about cracking the siding as it is aluminum.

I get to pick up my trailer tomorrow Yaaaa hoo! 8 x 16 and an extra 4' v-nose.

I just picked up some 1/2" treated for the first layer of the floor...$28/sheet ouch! $160.00 just for the bottom layer. This baby is adding up and I haven't even put up any walls yet.

Walks

LOL!! Hey walks.. I know the feeling exactly. Seems like every time I went to pick up something for the shack it was 200.00 then 300.00 then 500.00. Mine is a 6.5 X 14 and I am at 5000.00 and I still need to get a radio and tv.. Hope you have as much fun building it as I am having with mine. I am just putting the finish trim and carpet and I am finished. The price of the green treated ply is shocking...

walksonwater,
I also just picked up my frame last weekend and my floor boards last night. Sounds like we're going to be going through the process at the same time. I'm sandwiching two layers of 1/2" treated plywood around 3/4 polystyrean pink rigid insulation. Found some 2 3/4" self tapping lag screw to fasten the whole "sandwich" down to the frame with some insullation glue spread in the middle of the "sandwich".

What process are you doing for the floor?

Problem I am having now is finding self tapping screws long enough to fasten the walls through the floor and into the frame. Menards longest was the 2 3/4". I figure I'll need 5" at the very least. I saw in another post that was a key for AquaEye in his process too. What procedure are you planning for fastening the walls down?

I don't have all the details worked out yet so it will be interesting reading your progress as I work my way down the same road.

Keep us up to date.