• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ok, ok. Went up the Saturday before Xmas. Went out from Ike's and at that time there was 6"-7" of ice. Probably driving on now. Caught 3 'eyes, only one legal, and missed or lost a couple others. Planning on going up again next weekend.

I hope to see your report! I'll be on Upper Red this weekend though. After that I'm back to Burnett Co.! By then I'm thinking we'll drive out on Big Wood. This past weekend there was vehicles ALL OVER big wood on 10-12 inches of ice. A little thin for me though.

But until then, good luck and STAY SAFE! laugh

Yellow Lake-

Some small 14-16 inch walleyes caught on the shoreline breaks out from Ike's right at dark. There is 11-13 inches of ice on yellow with some guys choosing to drive out on the lake.

Trade&Wood lakes-

Trade lake;

Caught a meal of 10 gills out from the access and off the point on the left side in 14-17 FOW. Trade has 8-11 inches of ice.

Wood lake;

Some bigger crappies being caught off the breaks off the islands in Akermark bay. Wood lake has 12-15 inches of ice.

There will be driveable ice (12-14 inches) on most lakes in the area by this coming weekend.

Good luck fishing and saty safe!

I went out on Lake 26 last weekend. Fished from 10AM to 6PM on the east end and all I caught was a couple small perch and 1 northern. I'm hoping to make it up to Yellow in the next couple weeks once the walley bite picks up.

I also forgot to add, if you were to look on a GPS depth map of Yellow, you'll see there is a hump off the north shore that is out and to the left of the open-water channel. That would be another place I would try for walleyes towards dark or at daybreak.

Good luck fishing!

DonBo and Muskiemanzan13, yeah they're driving all over the lake. Had over a foot of clear ice. Early in the season when I need to pull the sled out I get on at the landing next to Ike's but when I'm driving on I get on at Jefferies landing and drive across and that's what I did the second day after I knew they were driving out there. Have a gray GMC Canyon so stop on by if you see it out there. Usually up every couple weeks. The St. Croix river is a closer place to fish for me but it's so crowded and slow down there that I save my "get out of jail" card with my wife and head up north when I can. Good Luck.