• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Trap Guide vs. Frabill XL Twin

gillslayer

Gillslayer....

Do not narrow your choices yet untill you see the new house from Nordic Icefishing Outfitters.

The sled is 66" x 39" x 11" and overall demensions whem open are 66" x 90" x 72". There is plenty of room in this house and is the best house I have seen. It costs $399.99 for the complete package. The house is made by Polor Sports.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 10-21-2003).]

XLTwin= AWESOME HOUSE

Roomy, built tough, windows all around and the cover fits perfectly.

I also have a Fish Trap scout, its also a quality unit, cant compare it to the guide though as I have never fished out of one.

You wont be dissapointed in the Frabil tho

------------------
Mike
Kalispell, MT
<<><<
"LOOK ALIVE, MAGGOT!"
(Not you Pal, I was talking to my bait)

gillslayer,
Welcome to Fishing Minnesota! Be ready for a lot of fun, fishing tips, and meeting new people. Almost any question you have about fishing can be answered here by someone.

Ok, now for the portables. I own a Fish Trap Pro and a Fish Trap II and both are great portables. The Fish Trap II is the older model of the Fish Trap Guide but similarily set up. I've also fished out of the Frabill's as well. Both are great portables and will get the job done and then some.

Before you make a decision you should look at a few other models as well.

Glacier makes a great two man portable as does Otter. Polar Sports have a two man flip over as well. Eskimo too.

Look over each model and see what you think. I think that whatever way you go you are getting a nice portable.

The most common are probably the Glaciers, Fish Traps, Frabills, and Otters. (If that means anything) All four are comparable.

I fished out a Polar Sports portable once last year and it was pretty nice. Might be that fifth option.

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]

My vote is for the XLTwin... The Frabill is a bit heavier but its because they use a heavier duty pole. If you try and look threw the fabric, I feel the Frabill has better fabric. Its black so it absorbs heat better. And the Frabill doesnt have a spreader bar, which many people loose on the fish trap. Also I believe some of the weight may be du to the Frabil sled being a little more heavy duty also.

So again... My vote is for the Frabil, HOWEVER, either house is a good choice! And I am sure you will be happy with whatever decision you make!