• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GLARE FROM EYEGLASSES ?

Hardtimes, I use the cloning tool in Photoshop CS2 to remove it. Cloning involves clicking on an area near the glare and transferring that color/texture to the glaring area, essentially replacing the glare patch with another part of the photo.

Not sure if that version of Elements has cloning available or how it would work in that version.

I use the same method as stfcatfish. Takes some practice and care. Sometimes you can use a portion of the image next to the glare, sometimes I'll clone from the similar area of the other eye, then clean up with the healing tool. Good luck!

I use a method that is essentially what Ken and Steve use. A quick tutorial.

1. Make a Background copy and zoom in so you have the eye enlarged.

2. Select the clone tool. I like to clone on a blank layer, easier to make adjustments. Sample near the eye or near the opposite eye. Carefully begin adding to the hot area (no color)

3. I also use the healing tool to clean up near the overexposure.

The Clone Stamp tool covers the area like a paint roller.

The Healing Brush tool blends the sampled pixels with adjacent pixels like sponging a wall with paint.

If one side cleans up nicely I will then make a selection around the fixed eye and copy>paste>invert the selection around the other eye and use the Healing Brush or Eraser Tool to clean up around the edges.

It can be tedious at times. There are several methods to try, this happens to be one of the easier and quicker methods.

Thanks for the help that work great it came out ok.I will have keep practice that one.I received a canon 40d for x-mas and been shooting the kids hockey some wildlife pic it has been fun.But i still have alot to learn about photography and photoshop.

Actually ANY book by Scott Kelby are the best books to use. I've been through enough of them. And those steps as X said were for Elements as well. I do have PSE 4.0, had to go back and open it to make sure it would work.

Want the best way? Avoid glare to begin with. Glare usually comes from using flash on camera. So do one of the following:

1) Turn off your flash

2) Take your flash off your camera and move it far enough to be out the 'family of angles'.

3) Turn your individual so that glare from the sun is not hitting the glasses

4) Have them tilt their chin down so that flash on camera isn't bad.