• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tv questions

blue_healer_guy

Joe: Are you checking the UHF channels?? Most of the out state TV comes from translaters, rebroadcasting the regular stations. If you have an "Auto Channel Scan", use that, it will locate them for you. A cheap UHF antenna will work good. On the other hand, I use a R/V antenna, that folds up and pulls into a Travel Tube...Kaz

Kaz, is the tv antenna that you use a winegard hideaway one. I just bought one over the internet in texas for $50.00 That was the cheapest one anywhere I could find. That also included shipping. Good deal. What type of reception do you get with your antenna? Any info would be greatly appreciated. KOOBA

GVG: You wouldn't want me to miss my Soaps, now would you. No, I like to have the TV on even if I'm not watching all the time. You know we can't completely rough it!! Kaz

Kaz, I just need like abc,nbc and the rest to mostly watch football during the lulls, if you know what i mean. My buddy has one with a tube like you say and works great for him too. I usually don't get started on this project till january but this year a little sooner I hope.

Kooba: Mine is a R/V model that has four loops that when the center pole is pushed up from the storage tube, the four "dipoles" drop down to form a criss cross X. It is VHF UHF one I bought from a camping store. I think it is a Windguard hideaway.I use it on LOTW and recieve the ABC, NBC, CBS, network stations on channels 52 55 and 57, UHF. It works also on the VHF in the cities when I'm fishing the local lakes. I think I paid about $40 or so. I've had my KingCROW for 10 years and I don't remember excatly where I got it or the price. I think any compact antenna will do the job. My next venture is to hook up the Direct TV dish on the house. I need an 12vdc/120ac inverter, or I can use my little 1kw generator. Where do you fish mostly??? regards Kaz

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 09-30-2003).]

Joe: I've fished a few of the lakes in that area, mostly Swan, as my wife was from New Ulm. That was long ago, thirty years, and I now fish Red lake and Lake of the Woods. You got to try LOTW, you'll get hooked, no pun intended....Kaz

Getting back to the question. What are the type of brand tv that seem to come in the best and clearest? What are some to stay away from? The cost? I have been looking around and most are in the $180.00 range. Any cheaper? Are pople using the tv/vcr combos? KOOBA

Kooba: I am also looking at TV options. I have found that the AC/DC sets are a lot more expensive than AC sets. I was told that an ac/dc concerter was a good idea because they are around $30.00 and you can run small ac appliances like filletknives,TV's etc. I was also told that the DVD players take less power to run than the VCR's. I am kinda waiting for the Christmas sales to start before buying the TV/DVD set-up...BTW Kooba, I did see a Toshiba at Sams club that had a really sharp picture. 13" TV/DVD for $169.00. Best buy wanted $199.00 for same set. Converter was $29.99

[This message has been edited by tightlines (edited 10-01-2003).]

[This message has been edited by tightlines (edited 10-01-2003).]

Kaz, Swan Lake??? I live in Courtland. Thats just a Very big Slough, biggest in north america. But I have heard rumors that long time ago that people use to pull Pike and bull heads out of there but thats it. Sorry im a little of topic here.

------------------
Fish ON!

Pike: That was maybe back in the late 50's and early 60's when I was courting and got married. It use to be naivgable, but it was shallow. Haven't been down there since they abandoned the Poka Days in New Ulm in the 60's. I guess things change...Kaz

LOL ya that does make a difference. I guess thats about when I heard people use to fish it sometimes too. Polka eh, my dad and grandpa live of that music :P . Guess I will to someday rolleyes.gif .

------------------
Fish ON!