• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UFC 81

jltimm

Brock was fighting one of the better BJJ heavyweights in the UFC. This was gonna be Brock's weakness, because he doesn't have much mixed martial arts expierience. If he keeps training, and practicing his submission defense, he will be a title contender. He beat up Mir pretty good for having only fought for a minute and a half. If they match him up against anyone that doesn't know submissions well, he will have alot better showing.

I have to agree. If Brock can improve his MMA skills and work on defending against submissions, he could be a force in the UFC. I had no doubt in my mind that Mir would win just based on the fact he is an excellent fighter/former champ....going against a guy that only had one MMA fight under his belt. Brock will be back and will be kicking some #$$ in the future.

Yeah even though he lost I thought brock looked really good. I dont know if anyone is going to be able to stop his takedowns. Frank mir is probably the best heavyweight submission guy in the world and he was lucky that he was able to get a hold of brocks leg because brock was doing some serious damage to him on the ground. Hopefully they will give brock an easier opponent in his next fight, mir really was a bad matchup for his first fight and he did exactly what most people thought he would do end up on his back and pull off a submission. The title fight was pretty good sylvia landed a nice combo and put nogiera on his back but he was unable to finish him off and eventually sylvia got chocked out once he was put on his back by nogiera. This was the third or fourth time I have seen this guy fight and every time he gets his a$$ kicked in the beginning and then ends up pulling off a submission very impressive to be on the verge of losing and have the heart to come back and win like he does.

grin.gif You know what they say about being close...."Horse shoes and hand grenades" I seen Don Fry get literally beat to a bloody, cut up pulp by a fighter named Tank Abbott.

Abbott pounded him from pillar to post...Fry had more bumps and knobs on him then a piece of califlower and it looked like someone worked him over with a straight razor...he got ahold of Abbotts arm, put the twist on him and won the fight...technically speaking.

Same with Brock...he didn't have the experience in submissions and it worked againt him in the end. Maybe he should go study under one of the Gracies? Royce used to take those big fellas and twist em into a knot, back when there were no weight classes.

I remember that fight between Frye and Tank. Tank sent him all the way across the ring on his a$% from one punch, but couldn't finish him. Brock needs some more time for training in avoiding submissions, and a couple more fights to get the jitters out of him. Mir was not a good match for someone like Brock. Wonder who brock and Mir will be fighting in their next match?