• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MarCum vs. Vexilar

riverbasher

Unitedjigsticker... did you figure that out in your head, or use a calculator? 2 cool smile.gif

I was at Owatonna Cabela's today... they have the LX-3 hooked up "live" with a transducer running over to the fish tank. Also, with a underwater camera & TV monitor showing the fish in the tank right next to the flasher!
2 cool, to watch the fish and be able to set the zoom & gain "LIVE" right there. And great to have a teaching session / demo by the guys in the fishing electronics department also. Worth the trip to Cabela's!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

I was looking through the new christmas cabelas catalog comparing the LX3 and the FL-18 and noticed the target separation on the bottom of the lake is better, as in iches off the bottom, on the less powerful Fl-18. Is this true or am I misunderstanding something?
bf

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

That would be incorrect beerfish.

Not sure what you missed, but you definitely missed something???

Maybe you're confusing the words Target ID and Separation. Even if you did confuse those you would still be incorrect.

Target ID is about the same with both units. Seperation is a bit better with the MarCum.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 10-13-2003).]

So judging by a lot of the comments on this posting it appears that most people think that the Marcum is a little better. I am debating on which to get and I have just been waiting to see were this discussion led to. I have had an FL 8 for the last 4 winters and I think that they are something so these Marcums must really be nice. Now I know that they are a 3 color unit what are the colors. It isn't green (weak), Orange (medium), and Red (stong) combination that Vexilar has is it?? What are the colors and what do they mean?? Also doesn't anyone know were you can find one for less that $399 or is that the price everywhere? There were rumors last year that Vexilar would be coming out with a new unit soon has anyone heard anything more about that?

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

[This message has been edited by iffwalleyes (edited 10-13-2003).]

Just bought an LX3 from E.Grand Forks Cabela's this weekend; I can't wait to use it. What decided it for me was the adjustable zoom, better target separation, battery charger, and no float. I've read so many good things about it that I felt it was going to be the better purchase. Come on Ice!

Fisherdog

Iffwalleyes Vexillar came out with a new fancy Ice Pack for the 18. Dont need to mess with the battery because it has a Pos. and Neg. post right on the front of the pack that ya hook up your charger too. Saves on connectors loosening up I guess. Also has a small storage area, ducer holder etc. Looks good but Im holding out to see if Lowrance has a good deal or if it has all the L.C. problems of old. GPS is nice on ice!

Northlander,

Are referring to the x67C by Lowrance? I looked at one the other day and I must say, they are nice. If they hold up in the cold that would be another nice unit for ice fishing. The LCD flasher is nice and the other features are an added bonus.

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]