• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Satelitte t.v question

jiggin pig

I am looking to going to either dish network or direct t.v. I am looking for any experiences with either or both or if you like or didn't like your service. I don't know which to go with. there is a couple pro's and cons, but i'm looking for people who have had it. Thats the only way to find out. thanks

I think you'll find positives and negatives with each. I would start by deciding what programming package you want and compare the two companies to see if their package has what you're looking for at the price you want to pay. It's a buyer's market when it comes to satellite service as they are both in a race to put up as much HD programming as fast as they can to retain and gain customers who are buying HDTV's.

I have Dish Network and have no complaints and have never had to call for service since it was installed over two years ago.

direct tv has been good for me, in the winter i usually will order movie channels for a month at a time and then cancel it and try a different movie channel, no canceling penalties. i like that about it. it is expensive to upgrade to hd after having regular. its $300 just for the basic hd reciever, and then they HAVE to install it. thats my only grief with them

I have direct tv and i'm very happy with it. If you have an HDTV and are really looking for the most bang for your buck i'd go with direct tv. They seem to have the most HD channels as of right now. Also on the topic of the expensive receiver you can find them for hugely discounted prices at a best buy or circuit city and sometimes for free with mail in rebates. Again most of what i'm talking about is based on whether or not you have an HDTV.

I just switched to dish network from Direct TV. I was not happy with Direct Tv. There were a lot of billing issues, my hardware was installed very poorly, and the customer service was sub par in my opinion. Dish network had the best deals on HD programming and actually has more channels in HD than does Direct TV. It is a little cheaper too.

I like my dirct TV. Don't have HD, but it's a nice clear pic. I think you would get that with either though. If you want you can send me your email addy and I can get you a $50 off coupon on your first bill from dirctv if that's the way you go.