• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild Trade Rumors

maros91

Bad game. At least they put some shots on net and created scoring chances. They should against the Hawks. They are a second-tier team this year, even with Kane, Toews, etc. But a loss is a loss is a loss.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get rid of demitra gabbys total goals will be far less. Them 2 read eachother like a book. Boogaard must stay for playin teams like the canucks. they completely destroy everybody, but when hes out there they know a little better, kind of like that cheap shot by cooke on gabby, no one did anything. we need someone to be there to protect our assets

I believe in today's NHL that you do not need a goon that will drop the gloves just a big body that will lay some good hard body checks. Voros and Fedoruk are 10 times better than Boogaard. Have you ever seen Boogaard with the puck? He can't skate with it, shoot it, or pass it. When Boogaard is healthy he only plays about 4 minutes a night.

As for Jokinen, I heard the GM wants a pick and a player that will help him win now. The name I heard was Pierre-Marc Bouchard. Would you do PMB and a high pick for Jokinen?

How about Fedoruk,Voros and Foster for him? That would be a fine trade with boogie comeing back. Biff you just dont get it when boogie steps on the ice the whole crowd has a buzz about it and you can bet the other team knows whos out there. He is a momentum changer. Besides these 3 guys suck anyways. Remember kyle wanvig? Voros cant finish.

How about Fedoruk,Voros and Foster for him? That would be a fine trade with boogie comeing back. Biff you just dont get it when boogie steps on the ice the whole crowd has a buzz about it and you can bet the other team knows whos out there. He is a momentum changer. Besides these 3 guys suck anyways. Remember kyle wanvig? Voros cant finish.

Originally Posted By: meathunter

Why would the Panthers take 3 guys that suck for their captain?

When Boogaard steps on the ice for one of his 4 shifts a night the crowd gets a buzz cause the crowd likes fighting. Thats all Boogaard can do is fight. When he tries to make a body check he misses half the time and falls down. You don't need to win the fight to take momentum back. Voros does a great job of stepping up and taking fights, does he win some of them, no. But he stepped up for his teammate.

Voros' job isn't to finish, he is a grinder.

Boogaard in 138 NHL games has 2 goals and hasn't scored since '05-'06. Voros in 44 NHL games has 7 goals. Voros does the same thing Boogie does and can put the puck in the net. I guess I don't get it.

Boogies job is not to score goals, his job is to put fear in the other side and protect are key players. How many time do see the other team take cheap shot at Gabby when Boogie is on the bench, Very rarely!! The last 2 games I have seen Gabby take more cheap shots and hits than a star player should take! Come On Boogie, Get healthy!

We do need another tough pressence I don't think we should give up PMB, and a draft pick. That seems alittle steep

Originally Posted By: walleyes12
I don't think we should give up PMB, and a draft pick. That seems alittle steep

Thats probably what it is going to take to get him though. Jokinen is a star and Florida will want something good in return, not garbage players that will not make an impact.

I think we need Boogie on bench so the other team knows if they make a run at PMB or Gabby they will pay for it. Voros was/is a flash in the pan, IMO. He was a 20 game wonder and now we are seeing how he really plays. Other teams know how to defend him now and in the last 15 games he has done zip. Just like a rookie pitcher going thru the league for the first time. They get people out because the hitters haven't seen their stuff before. Second time thru- a different story. And he does not put fear into the opposing team like Boogie did. Not even close. I know Boogie has a back problem. When is he coming back? He has been out forever. I would play Fedoruk over Voros any day.

Boogie is now practicing with the team, so its gotta be a matter of time before he laces them up. I have no problem with Voros and Fedruk in the line up, they play hard and will drop the golves if needed. I think Fedoruk has potential to be a good player that camps out infront of the net and cause problems. I like the team we have now, just needs alittle tweaking!

Off subject, whats your guys thought on Brett Burns play as of late! He is going to be a great Defensemen for us in the future, not just a defensemen and great scoring defensemen! I am very impressed

Yes, Burns has been impressive, but we need our forwards to do more of what he's doing! How many times do the Wild come down the ice and take a bad angle shot? Too many in my opinion, there's the whole area in between the circles that we seem to stay away from. Just last night, how many times did Rolston tee it up from the side? He's got a cannon of a shot, but seems too much in love with it, if you know what I mean.

They showed a power play stat last night: Burns is 4g-8a for 12 pts while Demitra is 2-7 for 9 pts on the season. I kind of have a problem with that...... Face off stats were poor.....again.

How come no one retaliated for the Hawks jumping Schultz and making him fight? First shift of the period, to me that's planned. We got pushed around all night, Gaborik got body slammed, but we let them push us around the entire game!

Frustrating game to watch to say the least.

CJAC, You hit it right on the head. The wild rarely stand up for each other. Last night Gabby got hit many times and nobody did anything about it. Two nights ago Cooke nails Gabby after the whistle. nothing. Do we ever go after Naslund? NO.....

Last night Schultze checked their "Superstar" Kane and two seconds later he got his butt kicked by one of the Blackhawks.

The Wild will never do anything in the playoffs unless they get tougher. Remember last year against Anaheim? It was like men vs boys. They would camp in front of the net and the Wild would do nothing. Anytime the Wild tried to get in front of J.G. they were decked. Very frustrating!!!!!

Our skill guys won't / don't get dirty in front of the net. There is nothing wrong with bad angle shots-as long as they are on net AND the forwards are in front looking for rebounds and creating screens for the shots from the point. Only one we have willing to do it consistently is Parrish. Brunette was great in front-would take a beating but hung in there and scored a lot of big goals for us that way.We need another forward or two to be Parrish-like. Until that happens, we will continue to have scoring problems. Fedoruk should be in more as he will sometimes do this and is a big body to clear out.Better hands than Voros, too. Why no-one retaliated on the Schultz fight? Because Boogard is out. Burns has been very good. For you old timers out there, for me anyways, he reminds me of a Hartsburg but in a bigger package. Still makes mistakes at times in his own end but he is only 22-that will get better as he continues to see more ice time. Risebrough and Co. need to lock him up w/a new contract before he commands even more $and/or another team steals him away.

I believe Burns just did sign a new deal......

Boogie is not the answer to all issues with the physical game. He's not on the ice enough and even if he drops the gloves, he's so "labeled" that he's almost guaranteed an extra minor and/or misconduct.

Parrish (love 'em) simply isn't big enough to handle the crease area anymore. That's why he's off the ice every other game for stitches or to pick up a tooth. Fedoruk at 6'2" and 240 needs to camp out in front more, but he simply lacks the feet and hands to do it well.

8-ball: I agree an angle shot is not bad, but not every time down! Plus, there's no one in front and Rolston has no idea where that bomb is going. Hartsburg comparison, I like it, but I think Burns may be a little better in the offensive zone.

One more one word description for Burns: Confident. He looks like he wants to score and made those two shoot out goals look easy......all about confidence.

a month or so ago Vellieux got his a$$ handed to him by Phaneuf when he cme to the aid of a teammate who was hit hard. Lemaire criticzes him because it is a close game and we need the points and can't let our emotions get the best of us! The Hawks abused us last nite!! we out shoot them but all the shots were from the blue line. None of our forwards want to drive to the net. in the 3rd Gaborik has a straight line to the net from the red line in instead of driving to beat the 1 guy between him and the net he holds up to try make a pass to Demitra. We want Gabby driving to the goal with the puck.

CJ- No, Boogard is not the cure-all. But at least he is intimadating out there and the other grunts think twice about runnin our skill guys when he is in the line-up. I think Fedoruk has decent enough hands to camp out in front and create a screen and pop a few juicy rebounds. No-one else on this team will do it, except the aforementioned Parrish. I see the Canuckheads won again in a SO at Nashville. We are going the opposite way of them and Calgary right now. Time to wake up and smell the coffee or we are going to get bumped out of 1st place right quick.