• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kinda Surprised I dont't see any full moon pics

So Come on you guys and gals, were in the world are all the full moom shots this week?

Last day or 2 there has been a brilliant full moon in the morning and evening. I got home last night and saw this gorgeous full moon peaking in between the trees in my back yard so I rushed into the house to get the camera, set up the tripod, grabbed the remote switch, found hat and gloves, ran out side only to have the darn thing covered in clouds. Oh well maybe some one else got some shots off. I took some this morning on my way to work, but at -20 my fingers did not want tot take to many and don;t think they turned out that well handheld.

That's a great fish! That can't be a real fish house thought cuz I don't see a beer can pyramid! \:D It must be on the other wall!

Just kidding to mask the fact that I am really jealous that I'm not holding that fish! grin.gif

Paul, some might nit about the first one being a little "soft," but I think that's what adds to the great mood. And I wouldn't crop it even a bit tighter. All that darkness frames the bright moon, and there's enough transition from bright to dark to carry it all off.

Did you shoot in RAW? If you did, you could use the blending technique described a couple months ago on this board, or if you have CS2 or newer, you can use the shadows/highlights feature under the drag-down menu for "image" to recover blown highlights in the moon.

A judicious bit of cloning would eliminate the power line, too, if that's something that falls within your ethics.

Really nice work!

I shot in raw, but I have never done that blending thing, I will have to do a little search for it and read your post again and try it. I have CS2 also so mabye I will play around and repost later on.