• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which is the better deal

merganser

I have the choice of either a 1997 polaris sportsman 500 4x4 or a 2003 arctic cat 400 4x4 for about the same price.I know both owners and the histories on both machines. The arctic cat was probably tlc'd a little more than the PoPo. Should I go for the newer cat or the more powerful polaris??

Just me, but i would go for the newer machine. Either one is over priced or one is under priced. if the 2003 AC is under priced you can always sell it for a profit and get something of better value to you. 6 years difference is quite a bit of use imo.

I went with the kitty. Thanks for the input. The one thing I liked about the polaris was the push button 4 wheel drive vs. the push/pull manual handle. The "newer" machine for the same price was the determining factor.