• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

savage 243

I have a friend who is offering me his savage 243 model 11 FXP3 with a P.O.S. scope on it for about 270 bucks. It has the accutrigger and an internal magazine. anyone have this particular rifle and how do you like it? He got it at fleet farm 2 years ago and has not put that many pills down it. Thanks for the help

That is what my brother got for deer hunting from fleet farm 2 years ago to, very accurate rifle. To bad its a right handed on or i would be long distance yote popping with it, i plan on getting a 243 or maybe a 22-250 for some long distance coyotes. I got a savage 204, and that is probly what i am getting in the bigger calibler.

I really like savage. The company has the best barrel men in the business IMO. Never heard of anyone gettin a bad barrel. Don't know much about that particular model but if it's something you like just get it.

Tom, that's exactly what I have too, it's the gun we were hunting together a couple years ago. I replaced the Bushnell 3-9 with a Simmons 6-20x50mm and I can tell you it is not far behind the AR as accuracy. Mine it's great up to 3 shots, then when barrel warms up a little it drops accuracy just a tad, but the 1st 3 rounds and tack drivers.

You can put the 3-9 on a .22 and it will work great.