• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

White Balance (sorta)

Today was especially frosty so I grabbed the camera and tossed into the work truck. especially since one of my clients gave me directions to their house that sounded like, go left at the tree, go till you see the old harvester, turn left till you see old church, go right for a while till you see a river, our driveway is a long driveway on the right. You should be here in about an hour.

Well anyway with directions like that I knew I would see some cool stuff this morning, so here goes:

Tree

snowyriver.jpg

SnowyCattails.jpg

frostytree3.jpg

Thanks Mike, I about killed myself trying to get those cattails. I took one to many steps into the drainage ditch and sunk up to my gonads and broke throught the ice only to find no water just air. kinda freaky.

Paul I like both the first and third shots, especially the first I guess - there is something about those gnarly old trees that have made it to old age that I like - great shot with the frost and the framing finishes it.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks Cheryl, I really like the first one also. I saw that tree from about a 1/2 mile away and turned around and went down some dirt road to get a shot of that tree. I took about 8 different shots of that tree with different exp's and I think this one turned out with the best balance of white and brown.