• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Salvage yard?

BigWormin

Does anybody know of a snowmobile salvage yard in MN or WI? I need a new ignition coil for my 98' XC600, thought i'd give this a shot before I throw down the big bux on a new one.

thanks

Gotta love the Ducati ignition! I looked for 3 weeks when mine went out 2 years ago. No online salvage yards had them for a decent price, under $175. I ended up finding one on "the" auction site for $150 brand new. It was a cdi relocation kit for a 1997 rmk 700, so I got a new cdi,new airbox and a few other misc. parts. It worked for my 1998 xc 600. I picked up an extra this summer for $40 and it works good when I tested it. Have to carry an extra with the horrible ignition system. I can't help you with a local salvage yard, even if I could I am afraid they will be $150+. People know what they are worth this time of year.

hendershots snowmobile salvage in Vining, MN. They do have a HSOforum if you do a google.

Unfortunetly I'm taking two sleds there tomorrow. My polaris just crapped out on me this morning on my into work. Sad part about it it has a brand new track on it. Now I don't have a sled anymore. This is going to be along winter!!!!

mr frown.giffrown.gifconfused.gif

Good point! My friends and I all run 1998 and 1999 xc600 and 700s. I have seen 2 stators go bad on theirs, but we had extra cdi's around to verify. It is hard to tell which of the 2 it is, without first checking cdi. Before I bought a new cdi I pulled my flywheel and found a break in the wire from the stator where it comes out of the recoil cover, because it had been rubbing. I bought a junk stator, because my connectors for the cdi were being held on with a zip tie, so I needed the connectors, it worked out. Cdi went out shortly after. So pull the flywheel and check for breaks in the wire is another suggestion.